Dead to Me

Tools    

This Netflix comedy stars Christina Applegate as a mother of two who's husband was killed by a hit and run driver three months ago. She joins a grief support group where she meets a fellow griever (Linda Cardellini) with whom she instantly bonds until Applegate learns that Cardellini's fiancee didn't die, he dumped her. After blowing up at her, Applegate agrees to let Cardellini move into her guest house. The pilot was a lot of fun but I'm really curious to see where this one is going to go. The pilot felt like the whole story was told. I don't know whether or not this show was about the grieving process or about the friendship between these two women that began at this support group, but I'm going to give it at least a couple of more episodes because I loves me some Linda Cardellini and she might make this one worth investing in.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Something I've heard really good things about. Will be checking it out.

Suspect's Reviews

Linda Cardellini has done some good tv stuff. Mad Men & my mind’s gone blank - the one in Florida with Kyle Chandler & Sissy Spacek.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I also just finished season 1. Very binge-worthy. The dialogue is realistic and snappy and really funny in parts, though almost always dark around the edges. Applegate does a fantastic job at both the comedic elements and the serious, grief-filled moments.

What a cliffhanger at the end of season 1! Things are going to get interesting in season 2.

My wife is all about watching season 2, but I thought the first season was just okay. I'm sure I'll catch some of this second season though.

The Adventure Starts Here!
OK, i just watched the season 2 opener and I'm totally confused...Christina Applegate is acting her ass off, though.
Without spoilers, what is confusing you? I have this on my next-up list and am curious if I should maybe rewatch the last few episodes of season 1 again.

OK, just finished ep 4...it initially felt like a crucial scene to the story was skipped over between 3 and 4 but I see why they did it the way they did now. The bonding between Jennifer and Judy is troublesome on some levels, but still entertaining, though sometimes it feels like Jennifer has completely forgotten about her husband. I hope his part in this story isn't forgotten. And that little girl Shandy is beyond creepy.

Just watched ep 5 of season 2...this story is going into all kinds of weird directions and certain characters' brains are being removed in order to legitimize said directions. Loving Valerie Mahaffey as Jennifer's mother-in-law.

Watched episode 1 and part of episode 2 in Season 2. I think I'm out haha

The first episode was a bit too emotion-heavy for my liking, but I get it. Then the cliffhanger at the end hooked me for a second until we learn

WARNING: spoilers below
it's simply his twin brother nobody knew about