Janson is probably going to be proved terrible

Tools    

It's a dubious sign of quality to have Dwayne Johnson starring in your movie. It is even more dubious when even The Rock ducks out of it. This is where we are with the upcoming The Janson Directive. John Cena is slotted to star in the 2021 adaptation of Robert Ludlum'snovel. Don't worry too much, though; Johnson is still on as a producer.

The story features a former Navy Seal working as a security consultant who becomes a target during a rescue operation.

I've always found such premises dodgy. It reminds of Predator when Dutch doth protests too much when he says to Dillon about his team, "We're a rescue unit, not assassins!" just before deploying into the jungle with enough weaponry (mini-gun included) to start a war and which they use to devastating effect on the bad guys. The cliche good guy must be reluctant, reactive, a defender and not an offender. Thus we get these cliches like Dutch complaining that he's running a Rescue-Murder squad and not a Murder-Rescue squad. In the present case,

a private security consultant after leaving his former post due to a guilty conscience over sanctioned killings. Now, Janson uses his skills--and his team-up with a sharpshooter--only to help those in need.
https://collider.com/john-cena-janso...robert-ludlum/

The book comes from the pen of the author of The Borne Identity so it is easy to imagine more details such as,

Janson's rescue operation goes horribly wrong…and soon Janson is marked for death, the target of a "beyond salvage" order issued from the highest level of the government. Now Janson is running for his life, pursued by Jessica Kincaid, a young agent of astonishing ability who can anticipate and counter his every move. To survive, Janson must outrace a conspiracy that has gone beyond the control of its originators. To win, he must counter it with a conspiracy of his own...

Of course, one can only imagine the sort of subtlety Cena will bring to the Borne-type role over Matt Damon. Is this, quite literally, Jason Borne on steroids?

I too assumed that this thread was targeted towards a specific poster...

...Rockatansky, who is a well-known enthusiast of action cinema.

Victim of The Night
I thought this thread was about Jinnistan at first and was confused for a bit.
Same, I was like, "Jansen Jinnistan terrible? Does that even need proof?!!!"

I too assumed that this thread was targeted towards a specific poster...

...Rockatansky, who is a well-known enthusiast of action cinema.
Who would win in a fight: Rockatansky or The Rock?

My dad was a big Ludlum fan. He made that joke once.

Rockatansky would drop him with a straight left to Rock's achilles heel - the soul-sized hole in his sternum that lusts for unquenchable universal adulation.

I don't think they'd ever fight. They'd strike up a conversation about action flicks and then become best buds.

The trick is not minding
Rockatansky would drop him with a straight left to Rock's achilles heel - the soul-sized hole in his sternum that lusts for unquenchable universal adulation.
Accurate~

Add me to the list of people who thought this was an attack thread.

I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Ok, that's a lie, I'm neither.

Also, I like the Rock, but he needs to pick better movies. Guy was great in Pain & Gain, needs to do more stuff like that.

Re: John Cena, I liked when he reloaded a gun in front of a picture of Ronald Reagan in Bumblebee.

Also, OP is YARN, right?
YARN is actually dead. Before he passed a few months ago, he made me promise to keep his accounts alive for a time. YARN was... ...complicated. He was obsessed with sustaining the illusion that he was still alive on some social media with his various handles that he used post under (rather incessantly). I think that this was his bid for some sort of immortality. It was very odd, but when someone is begging you through tears on their deathbed to do something you just agree to do it.

I am kind of falling apart as I type this, so you have to forgive me if this becomes disjointed.

I cannot, however, in good faith keep up any such ruse anymore. It's over. He's gone. He's not coming back and I am tired of cut-and-pasting his rants to the dozen or so sites he frequented. I'm just done.

I'm sorry YARN.

Signed,

Your Brother, John Cena.

P.S. - the movie is going to be great!

YARN is actually dead. Before he passed a few months ago, he made me promise to keep his accounts alive for a time. YARN was... ...complicated. He was obsessed with sustaining the illusion that he was still alive on some social media with his various handles that he used post under (rather incessantly). I think that this was his bid for some sort of immortality. It was very odd, but when someone is begging you through tears on their deathbed to do something you just agree to do it.

I am kind of falling apart as I type this, so you have to forgive me if this becomes disjointed.

I cannot, however, in good faith keep up any such ruse anymore. It's over. He's gone. He's not coming back and I am tired of cut-and-pasting his rants to the dozen or so sites he frequented. I'm just done.

I'm sorry YARN.

Signed,

Your Brother, John Cena.

P.S. - the movie is going to be great!
John, first, please my condolescences. Second, forgive me for asking a delicate question, but on a scale of 1-10, how hard was your boner when you reloaded a gun in front of a picture of Ronald Reagan in that one scene in Bumblebee? The fans need to know.

John, first, please my condolescences. Second, forgive me for asking a delicate question, but on a scale of 1-10, how hard was your boner when you reloaded a gun in front of a picture of Ronald Reagan in that one scene in Bumblebee? The fans need to know.
Please excuse my typo above.

On the Woodson scale of tumescence that was a "full-masted firm chub" or about a HRC 55–66 on the Rockwell scale.