Your favorite Musical?

Tools    

'Good ol' Mary Poppins' (bad ol' cockeny accent )

Grease

'........those su-um-mer nightssssssss'

Littleshop of Horrors
'Feed me Seymour! Feed me NOW!'

The coolest musical ever.

Fantasia (its got music in it so it's a musical )

Calamity Jane
'whipcrack away, whipcrack away, whipcrack awaaaaaay'

I've seen some of 'West Side Story' and it was brill. I'll have to make a note to watch it in full some day.

Popeye With Robin Williams, Man what a great popcorn movie that was
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ccpop[1].jpg
Views:	144
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	1852  

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Paint Your Wagon...

Clint Eastwood
Lee Marvin
Jean Seberg =

too good to be true.

and Wanderin' Star is a great song, I don't care what anyone else thinks either.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
Paint Your Wagon...
"...with blood, I bet!"

Ooooh...that's hard. I love musicals in general so I like them all. But favorites would have to be Les Miserables, Saturday Night Fever, Aida, and Cats.

I can't wait to see Hairspray, too!

I'm gonna have to say Guys and Dolls is my second favorite, but my very favorite is...

South Park - Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

I'm sure most of you wouldn't consider that a musical, but it does have many, many songs including, my favorite, "Kyle's Mom is a Bitch" performed in C-Minor by Mr. Eric Cartmen.

My life isn't written very well.
Some say musical, others say 90 min. music video; I say Flashdance!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Bruce Campbell Groupie
Rocky Horror Piture Show, Little Shop of HORRORS and Chicago

The Producers
who said singin in the rain?

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Singin in the Rain was one of the best musicals ever, but The Music Man will always have a special place in my heart. I had the joy of portraying the wacky Mayor George Shinn (Watch your frazeology! I couldn'ta made myself any plainer if I was a Quaker on his day off!). That was a riot.

Rocky Horror Picture Show and Chicago ...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am having a nervous breakdance
I saw Singin' in the Rain for the first time yesterday. Well, at least parts of it - I'll finish it later since I taped it. I promise..

Anyway... Since I am not at all a musical fan, on the contrary, I kind of think the genre sucks, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I was really impressed with this film, both the singing and dancing parts as well as the comedy side of the film. The tempo was astonishing. The scene that really left me with my jaw hanging was the "Make'em Laugh" number with Donald O'Connor. I thought to myself "Man, he must have been full of bruises after that one!" and then I read on www.imdb.com that he had to take a three day in-bed-rest after the making of that scene. No wonder.... Overall, he and Gene Kelly just blew my mind. I would like to see one artist of today that can match their level of talent. They both sing, dance and act terrific and are really funny too. And the physical shape they must have been in... Then I am not sure if it is really O'Connor who plays piano in the film but if he does, well, then he is a great piano player too. Not to mention that Kelly both directed the piece AND did the choreography. And Debbie Reynolds were wonderful too. Cute, funny and singing really, really beautiful.

This is a product of the studio system and genre film making at its best. You don't see professionals like these guys anymore.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Didn't see it.
I don't really like musicals, which is funny because my wife loves them.

I did enjoy Moulin Rouge, though.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by jamesglewisf
I don't really like musicals, which is funny because my wife loves them.

Just like a husband. Heheh....My husband likes very few musicals also. He will watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers with us...because of Howard Keel...and to watch the Kids imitated that barn raising dance.

Sooo....what musicals does your wife like?

By the way James....it's been awhile since you've been to Mofo. It's good to see you posting. You should visit more often.

Piddy...I'm really glad you liked Singin' In the Rain. Seeeee...you do have a soft heart.
Nice review too.

Didn't see it.
It would be more appropriate to ask which musicals my wife doesn't like, and then I'm not sure there are any.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by jamesglewisf
It would be more appropriate to ask which musicals my wife doesn't like, and then I'm not sure there are any.
My kind of woman.
Would she be interested in joining MoFo?

Delirious and deluded
The Sound of Music is not only my favorite musical, but also one of my favorite movies in general.

Didn't see it.
Originally Posted by Aniko
My kind of woman.
Would she be interested in joining MoFo?
Actually, no. Online discussion forums are not her thing.