Your favorite Musical?

Tools    

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The Wizard Of Oz.

If that doesn't count I'll say, none!

I hate musicals!

Singin' in the Rain (1952), of course.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Singin' in the Rain (1952), of course.
Until I saw Chicago, that was the only musical I have ever liked. Debbie was so cute back in the day.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Bursting into song, dancing about--it f*cking kills me, how much I love musicals.

Guys and Dolls
"I got the horse right here
The name is Paul Revere..."

The Sound of Music
"How do you solve a problem like Maria?"

Chicago
"He had it comin'
He had it comin'..."

West Side Story
"Oh, Officer Krupke
We're down on our knees
'Cause no one wants a fella with a social disease..."

Cannibal: The Musical
"The sky is blue
And all the leaves are green
My heart's as full as a baked po-ta-to..."

Grease
"Tell me more
Tell me more
Was it love at first sight?
Tell me more
Tell me more
Did she put up a fight?"

I'm likely forgetting several, but these are lovely starters.

Ack. I can't believe I forgot My Fair Lady.
"Get me to the church on time..."

And

Mary Poppins
"Oh, it's a jolly 'oliday with Ma-a-ry
No wonder that it's Mary that we love!"

Do you know my poetry?
Chicago - Best Musical
The Little Shop of Horrors - Best Musical Comedy

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by linespalsy
the 5,000 fingers of dr. T [1953].
That movie seems to come on at two o'clock in the
morning every other year.

I find myself mysteriously drawn to watch it.

Ooohhh....Ezikiel reminded me of The Little Shop of Horrors, how could I forget. Also, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is kind of a musical. I liked it a lot.

South Park:Bigger, Longer and Uncut isn't just a sort of musical, its a full blown musical, and a funny as hell one at that!

My favorite is either Newsies, or Chicago.

Lets put a smile on that block
Little Shop of Horrors every time!

"When i was young and just a bad little kid,
My Mumma noticed funny things i did,
Like shootin' Puppies with a B B Gun,
And Posion Guppies! and when i was done,
I'd find a pussy cat....and BASH it's head!
Thats when my mumma said....

You'll be a Dentist! You have a talent for causing great pain!"

Other musicals that you cant beat -

Moulin Rouge ----- "Spectacular, Spectacular, These words are quite vernacular"

Lion King ------ "Hakuunamattata, It's a wonderful phrase!"

Beauty and the Beast ------- "Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour, Bonjour, Bonjour!"

Chicago ----- "Give em the old, Razzle Dazzle.."

The Rocky Horror Picture Show ---- "Toucha Toucha Toucha Touch meee! I wanna be Dirrrrrrty!"

and Oliver Twist ------ "Consider Yourself, Well in! Consider your self, Part of the family!"

Jeeez musicals are fun. For all you Brit viewers, Channel four is releasing its list of the 100 greatest musicals at the end of this year. You can still vote on them if you go to channel four's website. im looking forward to seeing what they will have on there

Put me in your pocket...
I love musicals. These are my top 10 favorites.

1. Top Hat (1935)
I love all of the Fred and Ginger movies, but this one’s is my favorite. Snappy dialogue, great characters and a wonderful supporting cast. Everything clicks in this one for me.

2. Singin' In The Rain (1952)
I never get tired of watching this. I love everything about this one. Jean Hagen is such a hoot as Lina Lamont. And of course the ‘Broadway’ number with Gene and Cyd Charisse will always be a favorite.

3. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)
Another one I never get tired of watching. I love Howard Keel and Jane Powell together and the great cast had a nice chemistry together. I love the story as well as the musical numbers. The barn dance and following barn raisng fight scene will always be a stand out for me.

4. The Wizard of Oz (1939)
5. The Sound of Music (1965)
6. Chicago (2002)
7. An American in Paris (1951)
8. White Christmas (1954)
9. Harvey Girls (1946)
10. Meet Me in St Louis (1944)

Others that I love are... Take Me Out to the Ball Game (1949), On The Town (1949), Gigi (1958), The Band Wagon (1953), Brigadoon (1954), Les Girls (1957). I also like alot of the B musicals, like the Good News and the Mickey and Judy musicals. They’re just fun.

I can't believe I forgot The Wizard of Oz! I have always loved that movie. It's on my top 100 easy.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I hate musicals, but I was pleasantly surprised by West Side Story.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Cabaret
My Fair Lady
Evita
Chicago
The Rocky Horror Picture Show

and of course.............my fav............

Moulin Rouge..........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Nikki
Cabaret
My Fair Lady
Evita
Chicago
The Rocky Horror Picture Show

and of course.............my fav............

Moulin Rouge..........
Ahh man I cant believe I forgot The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Thank you for reminding me.

I must become Caligari..!
The only Musical i have really liked........

It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I ate all your bees.
My Fair Lady
Singing in the Rain
The Sound of Music
Lion King
and ofcourse Grease.