Pulp Fiction

→ in
Tools    

Do you know my poetry?
You know before I even saw this movie I knew it was going to be a masterpiece.Then I saw it, it was a classic.I think is the best movie of the 90's.I was so pissed when this movie didn't win the Academy Award for Best Picture.Even though I do think Tom Hanks deserved the oscar more than travolta for best actor.(Sorry Travolta)The first story is probably the best, its my favorite.Then I liked the Bonnie Sitiation second best(This was Jacksons big story)I loved it.Although I think The Gold Watch was the worse story I still liked it.Who else thinks Pulp Fiction should've won The Academy Award for best picture?

What won that year for best picture?

That'd be Gump.

Pulp Fiction did win for Best Original Screenplay, though, so Quentin got his props.

Yeah, and that's the more important one when looking at Pulp Fiction because without that screenplay it would have been pure crap most likely.

Tottaly agree

Masterpiece.

BANNED
It was a damn good movie, but I hesitate to call it a "masterpiece"...

Only for the weak
Definetly one of the better and more influential movies ever. I can see how they lost best picture and best actor to Forest Gump, but who got best supporting actor that year? Should have been Samuel L Jackson in my opinion.

It's pure genius. I must have seen this film twenty times and each time I enjoy it just as more - noticing even more details and interesting dialogue. I love the subtle humour and Christopher Walken's watch scene steals the show!

Tarantino is often criticized for making overly referential movies, to the point of them not being original. Every movie or piece of art is, to an extent, based on something else. For me, Tarantino's movies are interesting not because of long dialog scenes, movie hommages or his, frankly annoying, cameos, but because of the stories he tells, interesting characters, and his ability to shock and entertain at the same time.

My favorite Tarantino is Reservoir Dogs, simply because I enjoyed the interplay between characters and really cared for what happens to them. I enjoyed PulpFiction somewhat less, because characters and the story weren't as interesting, and, from today's perspective, it has dated more badly than Dogs, due to being overly copied in style, dialog and narrative structure.

Tarantino is often criticized for making overly referential movies, to the point of them not being original. Every movie or piece of art is, to an extent, based on something else. For me, Tarantino's movies are interesting not because of long dialog scenes, movie hommages or his, frankly annoying, cameos, but because of the stories he tells, interesting characters, and his ability to shock and entertain at the same time.

My favorite Tarantino is Reservoir Dogs, simply because I enjoyed the interplay between characters and really cared for what happens to them. I enjoyed PulpFiction somewhat less, because characters and the story weren't as interesting, and, from today's perspective, it has dated more badly than Dogs, due to being overly copied in style, dialog and narrative structure.
Tarantino, he tells a good story but it's his directing that makes the story come full circle. If some 2 bit director worked pulp fiction
it would look and be like crap.

Yeah, a big part of his success is in unique direction, interesting angles and a great feeling for what tune would best fit particular scene. Before he got the money to shoot Reservoir Dogs, he was offered to sell his screenplay to someone else to direct it. He refused, saying he would rather shoot it for 5000$ in a warehouse. Or something like that. He obviously believes directing plays an important role in making a movie, sometimes even more important than the screenplay.

I think directing is the biggest part, sure they didn't write the script, the base plot but how the viewers see the movie is in the hands of the Director. Tarantino knew it, Woddy Allen knew it.

Killing's As Easy As Breathing...
i love the movie, actors and director. but i hate the 'Zed' scene it ruined the whole film. It's sick. What were they thinking

Beware The Probe!
That movie was comprised of pure awesomeness...
I think when I first saw it, it was unlike anything I had ever seen at the time.

The needle scene made me cringe and even the Zed scen, which as disturbing as it was, made me think, "OMFG! This movie is hardcore!"

This movie is awesome. I loved every minute.

Loved the movie...one of my all time favourites...but here is the part I always fast forward:

All scenes with Bruce Willis and that weak ass girlfriend of his...she annoys me no end!

North American Scum!
Loved Pulp Fiction...but I enjoyed Gump more...but Pulp Fiction still amazing...both make my top ten easy

Loved the movie...one of my all time favourites...but here is the part I always fast forward:

All scenes with Bruce Willis and that weak ass girlfriend of his...she annoys me no end!
I quite like that part

Are they making another?