The Dexter Riley Top 25 Television Themes (Favourites)

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
8 The Greatest American Hero (1981-1983)

LOVED The Greatest American Hero, and that song may be the best theme ever. Well except for Scooby Doo.

Cmon Im waiting for Scooby Doo. Ya gotsta have da Scooby Doo!

Srry man, 25 rolls along quick. its just not going to quite make the cut.

6. WKRP in Cincinatti (1978-1982)

Before launching into Top 5. A few honourable mentions that didnt quite strike my fancy when doing this, but could just as easily make it another time. 25 isnt as many as it sounds, once u start doing it lemme tell ya.

Maude
Good Times
Scooby Doo
Law and Order
Diff'rent Strokes
Eight is Enough
Monty Pythons'flying Circus
Davey Crockett
The Paper Chase
Hill Street Blues
happy days
laverne and shirley
plus tons more.

...and on with the Fabulous 5

5. Baretta (1975-1978) Keep Your Eye on the Sparrow-Sammy Davis Jr.

Bit of a cheat here. I've got a tie at 2nd.

2a The Equalizer (1985-1989)

2b Welcome back Kotter (1975-1979)

Aaaand My all time favourite opening theme, also happens to be my all time favourite TV Show. I've got all the seasons on DVD, and watch them regularly to this very day. Sure there are times i forget to set the TV timer, and i awake to the theme on a loop and want to throw my clock thru the screen, but thats just coz im grumpy without my mornen coffee.

nope, for me, number one is always gonna be

NUMERO UNO The Rockford Files(1974-1980)

Weird. there are entire episodes on youtube, but NBC yanked all the intro clips.

My thread's better. Come on over to my TV theme song thread, y'all.

Nice, some forgotten gems in there like party of five, and a bunch I love. However Cheers, Sopranos and Entourage would have def made my list.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"Star Trek, Batman, Green Hornet, All in the Family, Sanford and Son" and "The Simpsons".

I don't know how you can make a list of the greatest TV theme songs and not include:

ALL IN THE FAMILY
MAUDE
THE BRADY BUNCH
THE NANNY
THE AVENGERS
THE WILD WILD WEST
DYNASTY
THE ADDAMS FAMILY
I LOVE LUCY
THE GOLDEN GIRLS

I don't know how you can make a list of the greatest TV theme songs and not include:
Pretty easily seeing as i capped the countdown @ 25, and specified they were my personal choices.

Where is the Fresh Prince of Bel Air?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood