Mofo Fantasy Football Week 12

Tools    

Did i screw up by benching Laurent robinson for Andre Johnson?
16.67%
1 votes
yep you did, but dont worry, you are playen WAWA
83.33%
5 votes
No, well maybe, but lucky for you, yinz are playen WAWA
6 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Did i err in sitting Laurent Robinson for the return of Andre Johnson?

Playing Andre Johnson over Laurent Robinson is hardly something to facepalm yourself over. Those facepalms are reserved for when you, or anyone avoided the obvious right decision. I wish I had this player problem.

Helu or Addai?! Addai most likely will return sunday, but Donald Brown still seems to be the #1 guy there for now. Colts are up against Carolina who is horrible vs the run.

Helu on the other hand is up against a strong run defense, but the last D this tough he played against netted him 14 catches, and this is PPR. Then I just picture in my head the rabid face of Mike Shanahan. Unless I recieve some stunning advice otherwise I think Im gonna play Addai.

If Johnson can manage double digits, i'll be thrilled. I couldnt bench Manningham given the matchup.

I'm dreading the Michael Bush effect though, where WAWA ends up besting me by the difference in points between what Johnson gets and what Robinson has on the bench.

Well, I almost subbed in the STL defense at the last minute but didn't quite, and it's looking like I should have. Meh. It was a pretty tough call; both sides seemed like good plays.

Surprised that a punt return TD counts against the opposing D, though...didn't think that was the case.

where o where are the bold predictions for this week? its somethen i look forward to.

In the meanwhile hows about a 6 questions to be answered thingy that we did last year, but for whatever reason got away from this season. my answers in bold

1. Last week Yoda and his infamous magical pixie dust worked their mojo and crushed Petey. Thursday saw both Witten and Gore combine for a rather meh total of 18 and change.

The question is does Sookie's Secret weapon Darren Sproles match or beat that number?

Yes he does

2. Andre Johnson is baaack. does he catch a TD?

Crossed fingers and toes says yes

3. Which RB secures the most points?

Lesean McCoy

4. Will Rauld send in his DVD from last season before Chris Pro-creates?

5. Battle of the backups Matt Leinhart vs whoever is behind centre for the Chiefs, who has the better day?

Leinhart, thanks to Arian Foster taking a 4 yard screen pass 80 yards to the house, along with the aforementioned Johnson TD

6. Does Phil Rivers manage to have a better than 2-1 ratio of TD's to INT's? and select the numbers.

yes.

4 TD's(Vjax,Gates,Tomlin and VBrown) 1 pick. (Champ Bailey)

Good luck MOFOs

Well, I almost subbed in the STL defense at the last minute but didn't quite, and it's looking like I should have. Meh. It was a pretty tough call; both sides seemed like good plays.

Surprised that a punt return TD counts against the opposing D, though...didn't think that was the case.
counts against the opposing Speciial Teams which is grouped with the defense i guess.

Tebow with a game-tying 4Q drive, then a bunch of OT drama. Denver wins again.

Cue a whole bunch of people losing their minds for another week in 3...2...1...

Meanwhile, back in fantasy: 18.42 points for Tebow in our format, which I'm plenty happy with. Dude has yet to have a bad fantasy game: 19, 26, 15, 28, 19, 17, and 18. Extrapolated over all 12 games so far, that'd make him something like the 7th-best QB in the league, and probably the most consistent not named Brees or Rodgers.

But my game's coming down to the wire again: it's Darren Sproles + 2.42 points against Hakeem Nicks. Most projections have this right around dead-even. So here we go. The Bye situation is all crazy bunched together, so this is pretty huge.

I'll throw up a mid-week thread on Tuesday or Wednesday, I think, where I break down a bunch of the playoff scenarios heading into the final week. There should be a lot of permutations kicking around.

Well the Bucs lost, and Id never seen a slipperier football. Rainy, cold, and misty weather. I wouldnt believe Yahoos projection that Fitz would outscore Freeman, but he got 31.96 on my pine while Josh got 10.96

I play Joseph Addai over Roy Helu, and sure enough Joe gets 2.30 and Roy gets 29.20 Colt McCoy gets 19.84, of course Stevie Johnson gets 21.50 cause Fitz rocked, and Arian Foster got 19.90 for Peteys Beantown Champs. At the end of the 1:00 games I had 91.76 and only my kicker left to play. Petey had 78.34, but Doucet, Chicago, Cruz, and Jimmy Graham left to go. My ass was well kicked.

My 9th round draft pick Sebastian Janikowski (Hey, Al Davis drafted him in the 1st round ) might yet give me a fighting chance. Doucet only got 2.40, and Peteys Chicago 6.00 becaaaaauuuuuse Janikowski kiscked a franchise record 6 field goals against them, and netted me 23.00 fantasy points.

The Mean Machine 114.76
Beantown Champs 86.74

Petey still has Victor Cruz and Jimmy Graham going tomorrow night on Monday Night Football, and if they get 28.03 I lose. Its very possible, but at least its a chance.

Good times.

i hate Fantasy football.

only an epic performance by mario manninham can ressurect my wounded soul.

A system of cells interlinked
Hi folks~!

I was away at the Fam's until Saturday and then I was a busy bee! This dictated some chores/shopping on Sunday, which we finished around 3PM. So, I caught the last bit of the early games and then watched the Pats trounce what looked to be a really inept Philly squad. D-Jax is a frustrating player to own, as he dropped not one but two TD passes, one of which was a bomb for big yardage. He still got me a decent score on the week, but it could have been MUCH better. Vince Young STILL looks like he's trying to adjust to the NFL. I thought McCoy may have a short week with Philly playing from behind, and that seemed to be the case. Hopefully Vick returns soon, because The Eagles need him...

The World's Smallest Violin
Week 13 is shaping up to be epic.

Looks like the top 4 seeds will all be playing each other for the 2 bye slots.

MoFo FF supreme court Assemble (said in booming movie trailer guy voice)

is Novak peeing or Tebowing

i vote both,,he was down their anyway...hence he was

errr

Peebowing.

What say you honourable ones ?

Matchups still up in the air heading into tonight (I'm only including ones where the outcome is genuinely in doubt; Seds needing 3 with Brees and Jacobs to go, for example, is settled):
  • Me and LT: I've got Nicks, she's got Sproles and a little over 2 points.
  • TONGO and Pete: Pete needs 28 points out of Victor Cruz and Jimmy Graham.
  • PW and Dex: Dex needs Manningham and Tynes to outscore Colston by about 21.
  • Badger and Flash: Flash needs 21 out of Pierre Thomas.
Badger and PW are probably safe. I think I'd give Pete a slight nod over TONGO, but that could go either way. And the Nicks/Sproles thing feels uncannily like a coin flip.

Lots of playoff implications. As Jay pointed out, we may have the top four seeds playing each other heading into the last week.

Oh, also: I can't really figure out why Stevie Johnson got flagged for his Burress-shooting-him-self-in-the-leg-dance (which was hysterical and brilliant). Celebration is allowed, so why can't he reference that? It seems like a pretty arbitrary line, to allow celebration, but try to interpret it and then decide it deserves a flag. Even more subjective than most penalties, I mean.