Kids Corner Suggestion Thread

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Allrighty, well as we all know Animated films morphed into quality entertainment, Wall- E and Up being the most recent examples.

This is not what this thread is for.

This thread is for the titles that are geared to the toddler to tween set, the ones you may not even know existed, and after viewing wished to heck this was the case.

A good deal of these gems are straight to video, which isnt always an indication of a stinker-ama as it is in B-movies for Adults.

For the 6 year old princess type

There is no escaping the deaw of Barbie. Yes, the whole point of the series is to flog a never-ending toy lline of accessorries, but hey you didn't think they made comic book movies for art's sake did you now

The previews in the DVD are over the top crack cocaine-ucopia of commercialized pap though, so be sure to have control of the remote control, and go straight to play movie.

Alrighty

The Good

Barbie and the Three Musketeers

Not So Much, but Watchable

Mariposa and her butterfly fairy friends

Barbie And The Magic Of Pegasus in 3D

&feature=related

Avoid..

Barbie and the Diamond Castle

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I still think a six-year-old princess should watch Disney's Cinderella, Dumbo or even one of the live-action versions of The Little Princess (1939/A Little Princess (1995). However, I'm shutting up now since I don't want to hijack your thread.

Cinderella moves way 2 slow for a 6 year olds attention span Mark.

the straight to vid (and no doubt blashemous to Disney Purists)

Cinderella 2 Dreams come true updates the musical stylings to contemporary tastes.

Among both the boys and the girls,

The Rescuers

and especially

The Rescuers down under (John Candy cracks me up)

are both big winners.

insofar as hijacking thread, don't be a silly goose Mark f.

My kids are Two Three and Four and these are the movies they watch on a daily basis. When I say watch Im saying they watch them quietly from start to finish.

Wait there is a ton more

Any Barbie movie and the list goes on and on. We probably have a hundread kids films. They range from the classics to the new Barbie film. Most kids will watch anything thats animated. Oh they love these ones,

Is white trash beautiful
Your are right Plainview they do love those movies but right now their favorite movie is Barbie A Fairy Secret , even my 4 year old son sits threw the whole thing

whats that you say, you weren't aware there was a 3rd Installment? Theres a reason for that. neither Kuchtnor nor Martin Lawrence are in this one (as main voices) in this straight to DVD release.

Personally i found that to be kind of annoying, then again despite what my wife thinks, I'm not 6.

They laughed alot.

The thing about movies like this is as an adult watching it with the kids, you are thinken ..geez cheap laughs i've seen this gag 1000 times, cept for the munchkins on your lap...this is the 1st.

with that in mind, while imo its no where near the level of the originals, and i do think 8-10 yr olds will tune out to a degree,

Is white trash beautiful
My daughter Elizabeth is almost 4 and shes a princess kind of type and here is some stuff that she is into.

Strawberry Shortcake

Salior Moon

Lilo and Stich

Beauty and the Beast