Tales from the Darth side.

Tools    

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Not been around for ages, so to those that don't know me, yello, to those that can remember me, what's up & did ya miss me???

So the last year has been manic & magic in equal doses, since returning from New Zealand last february, I've been working on a number of films, short films, music vids & corporate videos.

Biggest thing to happen to Darth was my involvement in the low budget Scottish feature film " Running in Traffic " by BAFTA award winning actor Bryan Larkin.
We've two days left to film this weekend, then the film is wrapped and the long process of editing, marketing, film festivals & promoting begins, so we're on course for a 2009 release.
I've pretty much been involved in most aspects of the film, and was lucky enough to have a lot of creative and collabourative influence throughout, as with all low budget features you do all sorts of different jobs and tasks to make the film happen.
My main credits are as 1stAD and Associate Producer, personally I'm gutted that my tea & coffee making skills have been over-looked.
The film centers around a lead male & female character who's lives appear to be running in tandem through various events in the film with neither of the leads being aware of the other during the many times their paths cross throughout the film. Not dissimilar to " Sliding Doors " or " Magnolia " but with the look of " Amores Perros " & " 21 Grams ".
You can check out our blog and site at:
http://www.runningintrafficmovie.blogspot.com/
http://www.runningintraffic.com/index2.html

So apart from the film which has taken up pretty much all of my free time, I finished work on the web series " Night is Day ", was in charge of an 8 man camera crew for the two day music festival Live at Loch Lomond filming the main stage acts like Faithless, Paul Oakenfold, Aim, Feeder, Supergrass to name but a few, and have just recently came back from a 3 day shoot for Ridley Scott's corporate company RSA films filming the new Aston Martin DBS in the highlands of Scotland, it's the new Bond car in Quantum of Solace!!!
So apart from doing loads of corporate videos to pay the bills, I' even managed to squeeze in a couple of shorts one of which I've still to edit, the other you can see below:

So, all in all, Darth's been a busy boy and hasn't had a lot of spare time to watch movies or be online, but with the film almost wrapped, hopefully that will change and you'll get plenty more of my reviews and singular wit & smutt!
Anyone intrested in photos of some of the jobs can check out my photo albums on facebook at :
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=691829223

In closing I'd just like to say, like Arnie, " I'll be back... "

[IMG][/IMG]

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Welcome back, and nice to meet you. I only slightly perused your review thread and I liked what I saw so far. I'm another Chris in a rather long line of Chris's on here, hope to chat more with you soon.

'Tis nice to see you didn't forget where your home was....

You've been busy... and I'm looking forward to exploring all your web sites... and watching your movie when it comes out....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My life isn't written very well.
Hey Darth! Welcome back! Have you seen Caity's full avatar?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Oh, you're all too kind, me thinks you've all been missing a little bit of the Scottish love on this forum!!!

Awesome man! Will Running in Traffic ever make it to the U.S.? Is it planned be a theatrical release? I could be jumping the gun. I'm just curious. Take it easy and keep letting us know more.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
We better get free tickets

Oh, you're all too kind, me thinks you've all been missing a little bit of the Scottish love on this forum!!!
well yes ........................................................................................

[IMG][/IMG]

If you're going to make a film in Scotland in the middle of winter, it helps if you wear enough layers that you look like a baby seal!!!!!

Notice the rain on my shoulders, yet still I'm smiling, now that's a man that loves his job!!!

The People's Republic of Clogher
How did my screen test go, by the way?

Yeah, I know that On The Waterfront speech is old hat but surely nobody's ever done it in the style of Gerry Adams? Move over Pitt!

Seriously though, well done buddy. All the best.