Back to School

Tools    

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
So, at age 32, I'm going back to university two nights a week to complete a Diploma in Digital Film, also doing some short computer and photography courses at the weekend.

What are my fellow Mofo's up to this year?
Have any got plans to continue or go back to study, or are any going in a completly new direction?

Come on Mofo's lets talk education.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I try and take a class here and there, if only for my own enjoyment.
I'm signed up for 3 at the local community college:
Intro to Microsoft Access
Survival (if you were dropped in the woods, could you survive?)
and a workout class based on ballet.

I'm going to mutha-****in Universetay, w00t. Freedom to binge all night and every night, smoke pot without worrying about suspecting rents, bring chicks to my en-suite room (damn, how luxurious does that sound?) and bang them without being told to keep the noise down, live on canned food and take aways. Ahhhh, two or so more weeks left, and when i get there, it's two weeks of organised partying. Can't wait.

Oh, i nearly forgot, i get to study film for three years.

Just started University, not too fun since im still in my home city at least til next year, Where i'll be majoring in Multimedia studies, which will be good for movie jobs i can get if i don't make it writing or directing (but i will ) But the work for university sucks, i hate reading text books

I wipe my ass with your feelings
I go to High School.

I don't belong there.

I belong with a billion dollar coporation with the names 'Chairman' and 'CEO' right next to it.

High School is boring...I'm surrounded by these adolescents. The best time of the day is when I'm at lunch sitting with my friends that actually have an idea about...well about anything really.

Then I go home.

Oh, my advanced algebra teacher will only allow us to use the bathroom 3 times this term (maybe even semester). I'm going to fight it.

SIT IN~!

We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Junior year of high school. Not great, but better than I expected it to be. I'm really busy lately though. I haven't watched a film in 5 days, which at this point seems like a whole heck of a long time since I had so much free time in the summer.

Oh school! I love school.

This year I am taking Chemistry, Ap Economics (micro and macro), Spanish 2, AP United States History, AP Composition, and Geometry. Next summer I plan on taking Algebra 2, and next year I will take AP Environmental Science (affectionately known as APES), AP Government Online, Spanish 3, AP Literature, AP Pyshcology and some math course. I am hoping to maybe be able to take Spanish 3 during the summer as well, so I won't have to take AP Gov online, or so I can take something enjoyable. I am not decided.

School is great. Maybe it's just me, maybe it's just my school. Anyways, I really love it.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
Oh school! I love school.

This year I am taking Chemistry, Ap Economics (micro and macro), Spanish 2, AP United States History, AP Composition, and Geometry. Next summer I plan on taking Algebra 2, and next year I will take AP Environmental Science (affectionately known as APES), AP Government Online, Spanish 3, AP Literature, AP Pyshcology and some math course. I am hoping to maybe be able to take Spanish 3 during the summer as well, so I won't have to take AP Gov online, or so I can take something enjoyable. I am not decided.

School is great. Maybe it's just me, maybe it's just my school. Anyways, I really love it.
Nerd.

Can we try with real bullets now?
Originally Posted by allthatglitters
I'm jealous of your love for school In the past sixteen years the only thing the Los Angeles School District has taught me is that you can't get pregnant from anal sex. I think I could've figured that out on my own

Originally Posted by Misirlou
I'm jealous of your love for school In the past sixteen years the only thing the Los Angeles School District has taught me is that you can't get pregnant from anal sex. I think I could've figured that out on my own
If you poke hard enough....

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
I just started school maby a week ago or so, I'm still getting used to it and as a freshmen we get treated horribly and we don't choose which classes we want.

Anyway, Here is a list of the classes I got.

1st period- Division

2nd period- P.E

3rd period- Two Period Algebra

4th period- Two Period Algebra

5th period- World Studies

6th period- Lunch

7th period- Reading and Language Arts

8th period- Survey Literature

9th period- Earth Science

I got to be at class at 7:20AM and I leave at 3:30PM and get home by 5:00PM. I also take weight training class and Football.

-TheButcher

Can we try with real bullets now?
Originally Posted by Godsend
If you poke hard enough....
I'll keep that in mind......next time I get poked........or not!

Not doing any study any more I do the odd day at Sydney uni, we just watch movies all day, love it

How does American education work, in terms of ages and institutions?

We have (roughly) Infant School (5-7), Primary School (7-11), Secondary School (11-16), College (16-18) then University (18+)

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
Yep, there was. I posted something and now It's not there. Did we break any rules?

im starting university next week (fine arts), just 4 subjects: painting, drawing, scupture, history of art

I am in school, Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario. I am studying Psychology, Philosophy, and Cognitive Science this term. Next term I have all those plus a Sociology course.