Spending New Year in Chicago, any recommendations?

Tools    

history *is* moralizing
ok,
if you like Swedes and swedish food: Simon's Tavern 5210 N Clark st, take a cab if you don't have a car (there)
real Irish atmosphere for a good pint and conversation, Celtic Crossings 751 N Clark st, you can take the red line to Chicago
a rowdy flair? Weed's Tavern 1555 N Dayton st
the best nite clubs i've been and i really liked were:
(all a lil bit indie, right, well, this is to my taste too)
Metro, 3730 N Clark st (red line to Addison)
The Double Door, 1572 N Milwaukee Ave (blue line to Damen)
The Empty Bottle, 1035 N Western Ave (blue line to Division)
and the Smart Bar was one of my faves till 5am, under the Metro
for Blues and Jazz, Blue Chicago's great, 536 (smaller and cosier) and 736 N Clark st (red line to Grand)
Gibson's, 1028 N Rush st (near where i lived) definitely had ones of the best steaks ever (a little expensive, but nothing exaggerated either, and you can even meet Chicago's movie and art celebrities there)
and my personal fave, since i can't live without crepes, plus the atmosphere and the people were really nice and there's this garden behind, so nice, is La Creperie, 2845 N. Clark St:
http://centerstage.net/restaurants/la-creperie.html
yummy!
only a small list of all the things to enjoy, nope, NY doesn't have anything better to offer, just different.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Thanks Susan, I have eaten at an Ed Debevic's before in Wisconsin, I do enjoy a good burger now and then, so I'll definetly be stopping by.
Frog thanks a lot for all the recommendations, will definetly check out the creperie, got family in the north of France, and spent most of my summers there as a kid, especially Arcachon near Bordeaux. Only there for a week, but will try to check out as many places as possible.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I recommend you stop drinking before you vomit. Altho if you do vomit you'll feel much better.

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
Well my cheeky little Mofo's, I'm spending a week from the 29th December in Chicago, so any recommendations of things to do, places to see etc???
Sorry never been to Chicago. I am sure you all will have a great time

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by sunfrog
I recommend you stop drinking before you vomit. Altho if you do vomit you'll feel much better.

Sunfrog are you mad?
I'm Scottish, we vomit so we can continue drinking!!!
We are masters of the casual vomit, and I think we created the drink till you fall over game, although Tacitus and his country-men do a good impression of it!
Word of advice Sunfrog, never get into a drinking competition with a Celt( Scots, Irish and Welsh) you might not recover!

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
drinking competition with a Celt( Scots, Irish and Welsh)

don't ever forget Manx, Cornish and Breton!