The what are they thinking Sequel's thread.

Tools    

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
O.K., so we all have our gripes about sequels and remakes, but what I've read today on dark horizons and empire on line sends shudders down my spine!!!

Rumours are rife about the posibility of a number of truly ridiculous sequels, here are my pick of the bunch;

"The Breakfast Club " , a script is based on the original members of the hit 80's movie, meeting up again as mature students at a University campus. Aparrantely the catch is that all the characters will play almost complete opposites of themselves from the first film!!! I guess Molly Ringwald, Emillio Estevez and co really do need the money that bad.

" Roadhouse " a follow up to the Patrick Swayze burly bouncer movie.
I swear I'm not making this up!!! Perhaps Swayze will play an older doorman complete with zimmer frame and false teeth. Has Hollywood really come to this?

Lastly, and the most probable to get greenlit, is a follow up to the Kevin Bacon, Elizabeth Shue movie " Hollow Man ". Its almost certain to have none of the original cast, and sounds like straight to bottom shelf rental fare to me.

Don't know about you, but I really do worry sometimes about the direction the studios are taking. I hope none of these films are ever made, or remade, but deep down inside there's a feeling all might be made.

The horror,the horror.......

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

My life isn't written very well.
Dare I say it, but I'm kinda likin' the idea of a Breakfast Club sequel. I think it's just the nostalgic part of me hoping though. As for Hollow Man and Roadhouse, I don't really care one way or the other!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Dare I say it, but I'm kinda likin' the idea of a Breakfast Club sequel. I think it's just the nostalgic part of me hoping though. As for Hollow Man and Roadhouse, I don't really care one way or the other!

You just want to hear Simple Minds' " don't you forget about me " again, by the way they're Scottish, from my home town of Glasgow!!!!
I keep spreading the Scottish word, it's my religion!!!

The others, i don't care about, but if "They" make a sequel to the Breakfast Club, I will demand blood!!!!!

The Adventure Starts Here!
I heard radio talk show host Glenn Beck talking about all these sequels today. Hilarious stuff.

I'm becoming convinced that part of Hollywood's ongoing box office slump is due to its excessive number of derivative films: sequels, prequels, remakes, movies from obvious built-in sources (comic books, etc.). While some of these are pleasantly surprising, on the whole Hollywood seems to be devoid of original material lately.

I'm really ready for some truly new, unique, daring filmmaking. And, if they use other source material, don't make it adaptations of old TV series or comic books. Make it stuff most of us aren't familiar with (such as Minority Report).

(Can you tell I'm not overly thrilled with any of these sequel ideas?)

Oh, Beck also got to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He hated to admit it but thought it was worth seeing. He went in as a lover of the original (as am I, an avowed and card-carrying member of the old Gene Wilder Fan Club). But he enjoyed it.

He had some problems with it (including what I've already said -- that Depp had a decidedly Michael-Jacksonish feel to him), but otherwise was okay with it.

I'll need to be convinced, but I think I'm willing to see it and give it a shot. I hope Gene forgives me.

The idea of making a sequel to The Breakfast Club makes me want to bathe in my own vomit. How dumb can you get?

I Want roadhouse Part 2!!!!!!!!!
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

sequels (in general) are not my cup of tea. they never live up to the first one.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The what are they thinking sequel winner is Exorcist II: The Heretic .

ITV.com has posted a very peculiar story about a rumor concerning Haley Joel Osment taking over the role of Young Indiana Jones in a new series of Young Indy flicks. Here's the story as reported by ITV:

The Sixth Sense star Haley Joel Osment will take over as Indiana Jones on the big screen if Harrison Ford's last starring turn as the action archaeologist is a hit.

The 17-year-old actor remains the favourite to play Young Indiana Jones in a string of new movies and would start work as soon as the fourth Indiana Jones film is released in 2007 if he is awarded the part.

A source tells website Moviehole.net, "Haley Joel Osment was in talks, in 2000, to do a variation on Young Indy.

"At 17, he's the right age for the role."

This, as they say, is where the plot thickens. Well, sorta. This rumor does seem match up with a previous story reported by Ain't It Cool News earlier this month concerning a 2007 release of a new Young Indiana Jones movie. However, since this particular story doesn't provide much to back up its claims and since we cannot account for the source by which this news has originated, I have my doubts. So for right now, this remains a rumor until further notice. We'll do some digging and see what we can come up with. Stay tuned to TIE.c for the latest!

Dirty Harry. I hope that the planned remake is just a rumour because the original was brilliant.

The Dark Lord Reborn
a while back i heard about a sequel to dude, wheres my car. It was a long time ago, so im sure it was most likely canned, and im glad, im sure the sequel would either suck or be the same movie with different actors.

Originally Posted by Sithmaster
a while back i heard about a sequel to dude, wheres my car.
I also heard about that somewhere, it was going to be called "Seriously Dude, Where's My Car?".

Originally Posted by CELM02
I also heard about that somewhere, it was going to be called "Seriously Dude, Where's My Car?".
That's been canned, totalled, dropped out of sight. It won't be seeing the light of day.

Screw a Breakfast Club sequel!

How about a REMAKE!!!