What tv series or sitcom would you most like to see as a movie?

Tools    

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
So many rumours recently about various shows being turned into feature length movies;
So which would you choose?

I've just read that a Simpsons movie is closer than ever, as well as a sequel to the X-files movie.
Discussions are also ongoing about a possible Sopranos movie and also a big screen adaptation of 24.

I think a Sopranos movie could be good, but it would need a really strong story that was different from any of the tv episodes.

I think 24 would probably be the easiest to adapt to the big screen, the last 2 season's stories have been weaker than the first 2 season's, and perhaps it could do without the so many different diversions that are caused by the supporting cast.
Please don't involve Jack's daughter, Edgar or any of the other emotionally unstable characters.

I would love to see Scrubs as a movie, but I'm not too sure if this would work.

I also enjoy The Shield, but I can't see this as a big screen adaptation, I feel the same way about 6 feet under.

So Mofo's give me your thoughts!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Yea i think its about time there was a simpsons movie.
I also think its in production but if its not i would love them to make a Family Guy movie.
also a sequel to the South Park movie but it has to be another musical

i'm actually tired of hollywood making remake after remake after remake...i would love to see more originality....

the only series that i think i'd like to see was a series that i watched as a kid in the late 60's and that's alias smith and jones...i know that it was based on butch and the kid, but i'd love to see who they'd get to play hannibal hayes and kid curry...

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by susan
i'm actually tired of hollywood making remake after remake after remake...i would love to see more originality....
100%

Yeah, I totally agree, but the harsh reality is that the big studios are lazy, and if we have to have tv to film adaptations what would we like to see.
If any show proves successful, it ultimately leads to series after series until eventually all that was good about the show is so diluted that you wonder why you liked it in the first place.
Now give me your suggestions, or else....

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
Yeah, I totally agree, but the harsh reality is that the big studios are lazy, and if we have to have tv to film adaptations what would we like to see.
If any show proves successful, it ultimately leads to series after series until eventually all that was good about the show is so diluted that you wonder why you liked it in the first place.
Now give me your suggestions, or else....
Actually I do have one...

I dunno if you're of the age to remember the Billy... plays on BBC1 ('82-'84)? A balanced portrayal of Belfast, and sadly not available on DVD apparently 'cos Branagh is in conflict with some company men-in-suits.

simpsons or family guy would be dope

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Actually I do have one...

I dunno if you're of the age to remember the Billy... plays on BBC1 ('82-'84)? A balanced portrayal of Belfast, and sadly not available on DVD apparently 'cos Branagh is in conflict with some company men-in-suits.

Can't remember it, but the 80's were a golden period for BBC drama.
Scottish and Irish dramas seem to always be more gritty and realistic.
Perhaps that's what keeps the English happy, knowing its always worse in Scotland and Ireland!!!

What about Rab C Nesbitt The Movie?*

*Tacitus has been to Buckfast Abby

It doesn't get any more realistic and gritty than Rab C.
I've got the same outfit on at the moment, it's all the rage in dear ole Glasgow town!!!!
My string vest fits a little better though!

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
It doesn't get any more realistic and gritty than Rab C.
I've got the same outfit on at the moment, it's all the rage in dear ole Glasgow town!!!!
My string vest fits a little better though!

The schwine that y'are, Jamsie!!!

Heck, I thought it was a BBC Scotland Fly-on-the-wall documentary. My Uncle Huey's the spit of him...

In the Beginning...
I'd like to see a film based on the Showtime Original Dead Like Me, which was f---ing cancelled after only two seasons. God, that was such a great show, and I'd like to see the story continued in a film (if not a third season, god forbid).

The schwine that y'are, Jamsie!!!

Heck, I thought it was a BBC Scotland Fly-on-the-wall documentary. My Uncle Huey's the spit of him...

Huey's not got a pal called Billy???
(Scottish humour; its slang for when you chunder
I've just been Huey and Billy!!!
Dont know where it comes from, but I've also heard it referred to as
Pat and Mick!(maybe that's the Irish equivalent?)

Originally Posted by Sleezy
I'd like to see a film based on the Showtime Original Dead Like Me, which was f---ing cancelled after only two seasons. God, that was such a great show, and I'd like to see the story continued in a film (if not a third season, god forbid).

This really doesn't apply to the question, though, because I think the thread was asking for possible remakes. Still, I'm sticking with it. I mean, look at what Joss Whedon did for Firefly. Here's hoping Serenity kicks some good-show-cancelling executive ass.

No this thread isn't for remakes, so feel free to choose whatever you like!

Nope, Huey-ing is Irish as well (as is Ralph-ing).

It's probably Ulster Scots...

Pat & Mick is Cockerneee Rhyming slang for 'sick', I believe.

EDIT - silly me, Tom & Dick is 'sick'. Pat & Mick could well be 'thick' or 'brick' or 'trick' or 'elephant'.

Nope, Huey-ing is Irish as well (as is Ralph-ing).

It's probably Ulster Scots...

Pat & Mick is Cockerneee Rhyming slang for 'sick', I believe.

Never trust the Cockneees!!!!
Would you Adam and Eve it? - You what, speak english boy!!!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I need to see a Buffy movie. It must be done. Imagine how cool that would be.

And I second the Dead Like Me idea...or third it. I dunno. I loved that show.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/