Roger Moore is the worst Bond! Comments?

Tools    

you understimate my power!
yes som of the actors performance was betta than ovas but in all i don't belive not one of the actors in da bonds films were that bad. Connery i have no need to comment on as evry buddy loves him. Moore, yes he made som rather cheesy comments but in all he delivered a gud performance but yes two of my worst bond films r morre ones but thats because the story was bad not coz he was (dont care wat any1 says, the spy who loved me and moonraker were terrible. lazenby in my opinion is the 2nd best bond he was magnificent, delivered da lines perfect and was in wat in my opinion is in da top 3 best bond films, connery shud of ended his reign afta you only live twice and let lazenby hav a longer reign b4 moore cam along. And then of course i cam to the no.1 victim for bond abuse timothy dalton. The roblem with dalton is that as they wer bringin in a new bond hu was young (suppose to b dashin) and cool and sueve, too much was expected of him i belive in license to kill he gave a medioka performance and in livin daylights gav a gud performance so hu wud b da bottom bond on my list but he didnt do anytin wrong, the others just had more of a spark. And then of course brosnan hu brought many smiles bak to bond fans. Hes gr8 performance in goldeneye made fans re live the connery experiance and showed the new generation what bonds films shud b like. Yet i beleive brosnan shud of quit afta world is not enough coz u cud c his performance becomin dire but overall he don well as bond. Now alll we can hope is dat they find a new gud bond hu will not spoil the franchise and grip the many bond fans around the world (i reckon clive owen wud b da perfect choice although i cud live with daniel craig).

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Tacitus
I don't think 'ole Rog deserves this abuse. His left eyebrow alone is worth a million dull thesps like Dalton!

Roger, I salute you.
I agree with you Tacitus! I grew up with Roger and really like his charm. The twinkle in his eye and his facial expressions have won me over the other Bonds. Sean will always be the standard setter of who Bond is of course, and will always be remembered in that light...but Roger brought a warmth to the character that was more lovable and touchable.

Also...since I watched Dr. No with my daughter....I can't get her comment about him (Sean's Bond) being a wuss compared to Indiana Jones out of my head. The silly spider scene is ingrained in me forever. She approved of Roger's stunts in For Your Eyes Only and deemed them Indiana worthy.

Deckard...I liked your choices of favorite movies.
From Russia with Love is also my favorite of Sean's and For Your Eyes Only and To Live and Let Die are my favorite of Roger's.

My least favorite is Timothy Dalton. Pierce Brosnan's ok. He has the dashingness of Sean and the twinkle of Roger, but he's a bit stiff.

You ready? You look ready.
Sean is by far the best and Pierce comes in second for me right here. My favorite films are Goldfinger and Goldeneye. Because I love gold!!!!!!!!!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I'm not old, you're just 12.
okay, Was just thinking about this. Roger Moore, for all his faults, was James Bond for me because he was in the first Bond flick i ever saw, which was, (and don't laugh) Moonraker. I enjoyed the hell out of that as a kid, watching it with my dad. Jaws kicked @ss! LOL. Just like I am sure Pierce Brosnan is James Bond to a bunch of kids now watching the movies with their dads.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
okay, Was just thinking about this. Roger Moore, for all his faults, was James Bond for me because he was in the first Bond flick i ever saw, which was...
Same here! My 1st Bond flick was For Yours Eyes only (1981) and then I saw him in a role as Seymour Goldfarb, Jr. in one of those Cannonball Run (1981) movies. I was sold after that as a kid that he was a British pimp!

Roger gets my Bond props!

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
okay, Was just thinking about this. Roger Moore, for all his faults, was James Bond for me because he was in the first Bond flick i ever saw, which was, (and don't laugh) Moonraker. I enjoyed the hell out of that as a kid, watching it with my dad. Jaws kicked @ss! LOL. Just like I am sure Pierce Brosnan is James Bond to a bunch of kids now watching the movies with their dads.
That's usually the way it works.

Most of these guys recreate the character once they start doing them, so it's really hard to say which one is the best or worst...they're all so different.

As far as the films go, Moore was Bond for most of the truly campy/silly ones, and Connery during the best of 'em...so maybe it's a little unfair to say, "YOU SUCK!"

I'm not a Bond fan at all.

BTW: Isn't Dalton considered by many as the worst Bond evah?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Arresting your development
Sean will always be to me...Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez over a Bond character any day. There can only be one damn it!

My first experience with Connery was his take on Robin Hood…so that’s mine.

Tim Dalton was the worst, Lazenby at least made a good film, Moore is just fromage and Connery is classic, Brosnan is groovy. I still like Dalton's two films.

It's unfair to say Moore is the worst as he just gets compared to Connery and i mean, Moore (i think) was originally wanted to play Bond before Connery but opted for The Saint tv series instead. If Moore had just tried to copy Connery, he would've sucked, he made the role his own, which is a good thing, whether or not you like the variation is another thing.

A system of cells interlinked
lol, you and your fromage today!!!

I agree with Pyro tramp, the worst James was Tim Dalton.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I am reminded of a quote from Andrew from Buffy the Vampire Slayer: "Timothy Dalton should win an oscar and beat Sean Connery over the head with it!"

So no one mentioned David Niven as "Sir James Bond" ... whadayathink ... David Niven vs. Roger Moore?

IMO, Steve Martin takes the prize with his rendition of the "cheapskate James Bond" on Saturday Night Live.

Argh! No! This thread's title alone is an overt violation of all I hold dear. Roger Moore while lacking the physical intimidation that belonged to some of the other Bond actors more than makes up for it with his PIMP SKILLS. C'mon in his movies he is afforded just as many opportunities to bed women by the handful as the other actors get but he's the only one who makes us truly believe that these women would go for him. He's just as much of a douche as Connery was in his movies but Moore has that perfect combination of subtle comedic charm and sexual appeal that breaks down the defenses of even the most prudish women like wet toilet paper. PIMP SKILLS.

And the defense of George Lazenby in the first post was pretty uncalled for. He's not just bad in comparison to Connery. He's bad compared to most waterborne diseases.

Moore had sexual appeal? Really?

For me the acid test of the Bond is whether men would want to be him and women would want to sleep with him. Unfortunately there are some men who would like to be Roger Moore (either schoolboys or those over the ages of 50).

Using that test:
1. Connery
2. Dalton
3. Craig
4. Brosnan
5. Moore
6. Lazenby

How are you going to put Dalton above Craig? lol

Also: I think people have this thing with Connery - you have to say he's the best bond no matter what or you'll be put to death.

Roger Moore shouldn't be faulted for the Bond movies he did. They were tongue-in-cheek more than anything, cartoonish super-spy adventures, and he worked perfectly well with that. You can't really fairly compare his Bond movies to others because they were so gleefully over-the-top, almost Austin Powers-style self-parody, and while they seem pretty silly next to the darker realistic Bonds, they're still fun in their own way.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Roger Moore is the worst Bond, no doubt. I don't care for that gentleman poncy bollocks. Lads like Dalton and Craig look the business and look like they'd headbutt you if you were to spill their pint. Moore looks like he'd bawl his eyes out after being mugged by a couple of 12-year-olds thugs.