What tv series or sitcom would you most like to see as a movie?

Tools    

Too bad The Defenders or The Rifleman have long gone off the air. They would've both made cool movies, I think. The same thing is true, imho, with the also long-gone series, Wagon Train.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love Blackadder and a proper film based on all 4 series good be great. Aslong as the writing and directing is done the same way as the series that would be fantastic.

Also I think a full length Scrubs movie could be done and be possibly great, again only if the directing and writing is up to scratch as in the series.

Maybe a decent south park movie that hasnt got loads of boring singing in it.

Too bad The Defenders or The Rifleman have long gone off the air. They would've both made cool movies, I think. The same thing is true, imho, with the also long-gone series, Wagon Train.
Actually Wagon Train was based on the 1950 movie Wagon Master in which Ward Bond, the star of the TV series, also appeared.

I love Blackadder and a proper film based on all 4 series good be great. Aslong as the writing and directing is done the same way as the series that would be fantastic.

Also I think a full length Scrubs movie could be done and be possibly great, again only if the directing and writing is up to scratch as in the series.

Maybe a decent south park movie that hasnt got loads of boring singing in it.
I, too, am a Blackadder fan but there's just no way to transfer that series to the screen, since even each episode of each series is a stand-alone production with no carry-over to the next episode or series. Besides, I think they've proven with the Mr. Bean TV programs and movies that what is enjoyable for 30 minutes to an hour wears out its welcome when stretched to 2 hours. I think they'd have better luck distilling a film from that British police series Rowan Atkinson was in, The Thin, Blue Line as it had more characters to carry the story.

I would have to be FRIENDS

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Mighty Boosh, can't wait for the movie (even while, as with all movie adaptations of tv shows, books or computer games, I fear it will not live up to expectations...)

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I, too, am a Blackadder fan but there's just no way to transfer that series to the screen, since even each episode of each series is a stand-alone production with no carry-over to the next episode or series. Besides, I think they've proven with the Mr. Bean TV programs and movies that what is enjoyable for 30 minutes to an hour wears out its welcome when stretched to 2 hours. I think they'd have better luck distilling a film from that British police series Rowan Atkinson was in, The Thin, Blue Line as it had more characters to carry the story.
Its good to see a Rowan Atkinson fan here, I totally can see your point about Blackadder, I think a Thin Blue Line movie would be hilarious as long as they stick to the original cast.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I would have to be FRIENDS
Really? A friends movie would be so bad, what are they going to do sit around in a apartment or coffee shop for 2hrs, really the series is good but a on-screen film that would be a disaster.

There are rumours that apparently they are concidering it and the original cast has said they would do it as of the succses of Sex and the City. The budget they would have for this movie would be spent on the wages of the actors.

You're a Genius all the time
If the long-rumored "Arrested Development" movie ever comes to be, I'll be happy to see that one. But for me it really has to be a show like that one or "Firefly" that was ended prematurely, where the creators have more story to tell or wrap up in a special way. But for great series that went out the way they wanted to...don't see a point.
You won't find a much more rabid Arrested Development fan than me, but I don't know if a movie is all that great of an idea. By the end of the third season, the show had already lost a lot of its momentum. And while the Bluth clan seems like a veritable goldmine of comic possibilities, I do think think they had nearly mined it dry after fifty or so episodes. Also, I don't know if the humor in AD would even translate to the big screen. A lot of the funny was derived from seeing how far they could go on network television, with bleeps and Tobias' homo-erotic puns and whatnot. Every episode of the show moved at a breakneck pace and I don't know if they would be able to keep that up for a whole movie, either. For something that worked as well as AD, you've got to be careful about mucking about with the formula.

That said, I'd still pay to see an Arrested Development movie. Probably more than once, too. While I don't see how it could even remotely approach the creative level of the show at its peak, I have a lot of faith in Hurwitz and company to deliver the goods. Those folks are a pretty sharp bunch of people. And it would be nice to see the Bluths take one last curtain call...

I'm conflicted.

"I just blue myself."

I know I'm in the minority still, but I liked the "Sopranos" finale. And other than Tony, Carmella and the kids, the fates of many of the supporting characters were divulged already, so I truly don't see a need for it.

If the long-rumored "Arrested Development" movie ever comes to be, I'll be happy to see that one. But for me it really has to be a show like that one or "Firefly" that was ended prematurely, where the creators have more story to tell or wrap up in a special way. But for great series that went out the way they wanted to...don't see a point. As for older classic shows that would have to be recast and slightly reimagined, I can't think of a single one calling out to be made.

Don't get me wrong I liked the finale too but I guess im just an old nostalgic who doesn't want to let go that easily Its pretty obvious that Tony is going to get indictment as Carlo is going to Testify. I'd like to see Tony get off on some irregularity somehow get hold of Carlo and extract his revenge. Also for Silvio to recover and for the final scene in the movie to be of Tony and the rest of the guys sitting around a table in the back of the Bing playing poker and shooting the breeze...what wise guys do best.
....Look at me a true Romanticst!