The Most Romantic Movie of All Time

Tools    

True Romance.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing."

Macbeth

I watched True Romance for the first time a few months back. My favorite scene in the entire show..........this one below. And if you've seen it you know what I mean.

I know this movie was a bit cheesy, but I always really liked Some Kind Of Wonderful. I could really relate to the Mary Stuart Masterson character, a chick drummer, Tomboyish looking, but when she gets the guy in the end it's just great.

Somewhere In Time is the most romantic movie I've ever seen!

Some others I love:

The Notebook
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Starman
Say Anything...
Brief Encounter
Love & Basketball
Titanic
50 First Dates
The Girl Next Door

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Somewhere In Time is the most romantic movie I've ever seen!
I hated Somewhere In Time...but that was back when I didn't like films that made me cry. Maybe I would like it if I saw it again. Hey, that could be a whole new thread...films that deserve a second chance...

Notting Hill

Put me in your pocket...
Hey, that could be a whole new thread...films that deserve a second chance...
There is a thread on changing your mind about a movie after giving it a second chance...if your interested.

Here...
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ing+mind+movie

Welcome to the human race...
Also add Before Sunrise and The Princess Bride.

Would you count Show Me Love as a romantic movie?

Two for the Road (1967 - Stanley Donan)
"If there's one thing I really despise, it's an indispensable woman." Very perceptive movie about the stages of a relationship, from the flush of first love up through marriage and children and boredom and anger and hopefully back to love. Albert Finney and Audrey Hepburn play the couple, and screenwriter Frederic Raphael's clever narrative jumps around in time, mostly as they travel over the same stretches of road in France, shrewdly juxtaposing various points in their life together. It doesn't pull any punches or gloss over the happily ever after part, which is what makes it so compelling and ultimately romantic. Not much fantasy, just an entertaining exploration of the complexity of loving somebody.
I agree, Pike, Two for the Road is one of the most romantic movies of all time (and it has that great tune and score by Henry Mancini). But what really surprises me is that over the years I’ve watched that film with a number of women and found to my amazement that (1) most of them had never seen the movie before and (2), after watching it, virtually all of them said it wasn’t romantic at all! Most of them cited the facts that Audrey Hepburn is Albert Finney’s second choice at the start of the romance and he later cheats on her. They also see the ending as a permanent separation without a chance of them getting together again.

Another really romantic film is Love with the Proper Stranger (1963), which I think is Steve McQueen's best film in that he's not playing a tough guy.

Another great romance is the off-the-wall Daddy's Dyin'... Who's Got the Will? (1990) in which chubby Patrika Darbo and lanky plain-looking Judge Reinhold play one of the sexiest, lovingest scenes ever filmed. What I'd call a "real folks" romance in which one doesn't have to look like Cary Grant or Liz Taylor (in their primes) to find romance.

I didn't see all the movies in the world(and I can't remember all of them either ) but I think GHOST is one of the most romantics movies I've ever seen.
By this time I shouldn't be surprised, but it still catches me off guard when someone mentions Ghost as a romantic story. I know a lot of people like it, and I don't mean to flame the film or their tastes. But I can just never get past the fact that although Demi Moore is spiritually kissing Patrick Swayze in that famous scene, the lips and body she’s physically touching under those conditions would still be Whoopi Goldberg, who—bless her heart—is not exactly great looking even on her best day. Although Swayze's spirit enters Whoopi's body, it still would be the same body--and same sex--it was before the spirit-switch. Doesn’t matter if the studio imposes Swayze’s figure over Whoopi’s: Swayze’s character is dead and buried and can’t come back for a kiss (and who would want him to after all that time?). So you’re left with Whoppi’s physical presence doing the puckering.

I've always been curious about this one. I'm not saying it will be good, but it looks it. I'd like to give it a whirl. Anyone ever watched it?

Twice Upon a Yesterday (1999)

Sorry Des , can't help ya
That's OK. I didn't think anyone had seen it. I was just making sure. The only reason I know about it, is because it is advertised before my movie Storm of the Century.

Truly, Madly, Deeply...
Notorious...
Say Anything
The Bridges of Madison County
Crossing Delancy
Green Card
The Princess Bride
Untamed Heart ...!

Modern Romance
Harold and Maude
Wings of Desire
The Princess Bride.

Last night I saw again for the first time in many years a really romantic film, Marty (1954) about a lonely, middle-aged, not-pretty butcher finding love with a lonely, almost-middle-aged not-pretty teacher. The original 1953 TV screenplay established Chayefsky as a major playwright. The 1954 film won Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director (Delbert Mann), Best Actor (Ernest Borgnine, his star-making vehicle), and Best Screenplay. It was the first film to win both the Oscar and the Cannes Film Festival’s Golden Palm. A lovely film that still plays well today.

Another of my all-time favorite romances is Dear Heart (1964), starring Glenn Ford and Geraldine Page as two normal people who meet at a hotel during a convention and stumble into love. All to an Oscar-nominated song by Henry Mancini. One online reviewer at another site said it best: “It is a very adult film. Children under 35 usually don't find it very rewarding unless they possess an unusual emotional maturity.”

That could be said for both of these films—no special effects, no cursing, no glamorous stars, no on-screen sex—just great stories well told by unusually good actors. The kind of films that truly Hollywood doesn’t make any more.