Tools    

My Hall of Fames:

5th (Unforgiven)
10th (Dead Man's Shoes)
11th (Bringing Up Baby, host)
12th (Y Tu Mama Tambien)
13th (Buffalo '66, half a host)
4th Short (A Dog's Life & Spider)
Looney Tunes (The Scarlet Pumpernickel & Rabbit of Seville, host)
Animated Short (The Great Piggy Bank Robbery & The Cat Concerto, host)
Animated Musical (South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut)
Documentary (Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room)
Western (Once Upon a Time in the West & Stagecoach)
1940's (Pursued)
1940's Part II (Odd Man Out)
Animation (Waltz With Bashir)

I've been in 23 Hofs. 24 if you count the Virgin Hof, but I'm not a voting member of that one.

8th
9th
10th
11th
12th
13th
14th
4th Short
Science Fiction
Noir
Noir Part II
Documentary
Sci-fi/Horror
WW II
Silent Era
50's
50's Part II
Western
Live Action Musical
Musical Artist
40's
1940's Part II
70's
Virgin

Great job with this CR

These are my HoFs so far

14th (Barton Fink)
70s (Eraserhead)

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

My Hall of Fames:

1st HoF
2nd HoF
3rd HoF
1st Short HoF

I also joined but had to quit the 4th and the 5th HoF.

Old School
My nominations were:

Eyes Wide Shut (1st)
After Hours (2nd)
The Swimmer (3rd)
A Trip to the Moon (1st Short)
Ed Wood (4th)
Bullets Over Broadway (5th)

I still love all five of these picks. The Swimmer's placement on the 60s list is partly because of me nominating it for a HoF and bringing more awareness to it. I'm proud of that.
It might shock some people how many other cinephiles you can (indirectly) influence through this forum, just by posting about a film. I know I've been influenced many times (even subconsciously).

It might shock some people how many other cinephiles you can (indirectly) influence through this forum, just by posting about a film. I know I've been influenced many times (even subconsciously).
Definitely. Even if you look at the Countdowns there's often several films from the Hall of Fames that possibly wouldn't have been there. Doubt Ride The Pink Horse would have made the 40's Countdown if it hadn't been nominated for example. I remember every nomination in the Documentary HoF made the Countdown i believe.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Not that important.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Definitely. Even if you look at the Countdowns there's often several films from the Hall of Fames that possibly wouldn't have been there. Doubt Ride The Pink Horse would have made the 40's Countdown if it hadn't been nominated for example. I remember every nomination in the Documentary HoF made the Countdown i believe.
definitely agree about that, one of the many great things about this place is all the amazing flicks I would easily have missed out on if I wasn't here. The HoFs, Last Film You Saw, Movie Tab, The Countdowns, and the Review Threads are goldmines to discover and get feedback about films. And, OBVIOUSLY, any number of folks who's viewing is similar to one's own.

Oh, and here's my list of HoFs
12th HoF: The Grand Budapest Hotel
13th HoF: The Three Musketeers
14th HoF: La Grande Illusion
4th Short Film: The Rink & The Three Stooges "Pop goes the Easel"
Animated Shorts: A Tale of Two Kitties & Little Rural Riding Hood
1940s HoF: The Suspect
Live Action Musical: Godspell
Musical Artist: Pink Floyd - The Wall & Amadeus (First Place)
1940s II: The Sea Wolf
1970s: What's Up, Doc? (Host)

I thought that I was only in a couple of HoFs, but I decided to check since everyone was posting about their participation, and apparently I've already been in 8.

11th (Good Bye, Lenin!)
12th (Barbara)
13th (Wings of Desire)
14th (M)
40s Part I (Murderers Are Among Us)
40s Part II (Beauty and the Beast)
Animation (The Last Unicorn)
4th Shorts (Flankers, Dust)

I've participated in:

5th HOF (Quills)
6th HOF (A Perfect World)
7th HOF (Being John Malkovich)
11th HOF (Her)
12th HOF (Romper Stomper)
13th HOF (Dances With Wolves)
14th HOF (Black Snake Moan)

Then there was the ill-fated Comedy HOF (The Big Lebowski), the Animated Musicals HOF (Charlotte's Web), and the Animation HOF (Tokyo Godfathers).

So that's ten that I've signed up for.

Let the night air cool you off
perhaps after Cosmic's Foreign HoF and, isn't there one slotted for Women Directors?
I don't know if there is anything slotted yet, but I think the consensus idea is that those two should be the next two themed hall of fames. Maybe we should hold a vote on what comes after those two?

The 70s HoF ends sometime in mid January doesn't it? If the Directed by Women Countdown starts when that one finishes up, that should (hopefully) be enough time before the Countdown's deadline. The Foreign Language HoF can always wait since it's not time sensitive.

The Women's one would probably have to happen some time in January or early February depending on the size as the deadline for the Countdown is March 31st.
I would actually like to know if that's happening as I would probably join it instead of the general.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The 70s is set to finish January 12 (Tentatively)
CR will be starting the 15th around Christmas - an announcement before and then the start of it, after Christmas.
So, getting the Women Directors slotted for January would be ideal and then, if you're ready, @CosmicRunaway, doing the Foreign one, at your leisure, sounds wonderful to me.

Also, on a separate issue, as a number of you know; the 70s HoF is having difficulty with an issue that has plagued the Hall of Fames since forever: people starting and not finishing. It's a tricky situation since its always good to have new participants but it doesn't always work out for this particular reason. @Citizen Rules has come up within an excellent scenario with the Virgin Hall of Fame for getting new folks interested and seeing if they wish to join in and whether they are committed to the long haul of it. I commented about it in the 70's and would like to propose it here, (a little more eloquently)for more in depth discussion:

I love Citizen's idea with Virgin HoFs to try folks out and see how they do. Perhaps we could follow up on that and make it a kind of Training Ground, a sort of pre-requisite for folks new to HoFs to see how they do and if it's something they seriously enjoy and wish to join in on.
And then, the General (numbered) Hall of Fames are kept for those who have joined and finished and, perhaps, leave the Specialty HoFs up to the individual Host.

Also, this IS Citizen's baby and it's brilliant and if things weren't going as they are in the 70s HoF I wouldn't be tossing this into the conversation so abruptly and allowing, respectfully, Citizen to bring this up in his own time and fashion. So, for that, I truly do apologize - it is NOT my intention to jump in on his idea. Just posting a thought in the proper thread, is all, having already done so in the 70s.

I would actually like to know if that's happening as I would probably join it instead of the general.
I'll host it if no one else wants too.

Must admit feel pretty bad about the Foreign one as Cosmic has been waiting to host that for ages. I'll join it whenever it happens.

Let the night air cool you off
I'd say no way should anybody have to have completed a pre-requisite to join any of our games. Plus, people that would flake would still flake on those games, possibly rendering them useless because they are going to have less members anyway.

I'd say no way should anybody have to have completed a pre-requisite to join any of our games. Plus, people that would flake would still flake on those games, possibly rendering them useless because they are going to have less members anyway.
Yeah, gonna have to agree with this. Solid idea Ed but i think it's a bit too much. The host should just decide to kick people out if they have good reason to suspect they aren't going to bother to finish, like i did with that Titu member who i don't think has posted on the forum since.