Will Summer 2015 be the biggest year in movie history?

Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Is Summer 2015 the biggest year in movie history?. I've been reading and looking on the internet and wow, is it a huge summer.

Terminator 5
Jurassic World
Avenger 2
Independence Day 2
Pirates Of The Caribbean 5
Star Wars episode VII

Finished here. It's been fun.
For blockbusters? Yeah definitely.

I am mostly looking forward to Star Wars and Jurassic Park. J.J Abrams cant possibly do any worse than the SW prequels(shutters), and the little kid in me just wants to see some Dinosaurs on the big screen one more time.

Saddened that the movie theater experience is slowly dying. Theaters cant make profits like they used too. 2015 wont be the biggest year in movies, not even close.

Saddened that the movie theater experience is slowly dying. Theaters cant make profits like they used too. 2015 wont be the biggest year in movies, not even close.
In terms of what these movie gross? I think it will be the biggest.

The cinema is dying because of the prices they charge. I took my little boy the cinema a few weeks back. For 2 tickets, 2 drinks, 2 pick a mix, and a hot dog was £55. That's a bloody joke.

The cinema is dying because of the prices they charge. I took my little boy the cinema a few weeks back. For 2 tickets, 2 drinks, 2 pick a mix, and a hot dog was £55. That's a bloody joke.
Bloody hell! Did the 'pick a mix' weigh 20 pounds?

Seriously there was nothing in it. I remember going the cinema was a nice cheap night out, not no more.

It was in The Odeon. It's really no surprise people download.

I dont think itll be the biggest grossing either. The overall attendance is plummeting in movie theaters now, and the price hike theaters used to quell the losses wont be able to save them anymore. Theaters will certainly be around, but those "biggest ever" statistics are gonna be unreachable sooner rather than later.

Avenger 2
Pirates Of The Caribbean 5
Star Wars episode VII

I still go to the movie theater a lot, but I admit I smuggle in stuff when I can. Particularly in the winter months when I can wear my leather jacket. Slip a Red Bull can in there saves me the cost of a drink and if I have lunch or dinner right before I go, no need to get popcorn.

I mean a SMALL popcorn costs like 5 bucks. And the theater I go to stopped doing the refillable popcorn thing where popcorn is 3 bucks after you buy the bucket. That was an awesome deal so they axed it when Regal took over.

Family trips to the theater are what are really the killer. Family of four go to the movies. You have four tickets, plus food, cuz you know the wee ones will want a snack and a soda. Lets say you get the early bird special and go to the first showing of the day. At my theater that is a $5.75 ticket. For four people that is $23. Add in the concession counter of a few large sodas and some popcorn. And even if you share popcorn and the like you are looking at maybe 30 to 40 bucks just at the concession counter. So a family trip to the theater is like a $60 trip!

I am a single guy, I can go to the theater and be cheap about it easy. But a family trip? Forget it.

Yep, I agree the theaters are to damn expensive. The trick I have is to go in a Tuesday which is 5$ and don't take a popcorn

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I don't share in on the consensus that the movie experience is dying, is it too expensive? Perhaps, however, as a post above said, you can get in for five dollars if you are smart about it. This is for one person, of course. I certainly understand why some might find it too expensive. The movie-theater is one of my favorite places, however, so I always find myself thinking it's worth it.

I haven't bought popcorn or a drink in the longest time, I don't go to the theater to eat, I go there to watch the movie, anything else feels like an unneeded distraction. I eat before I go there, or "smuggle" something in there.

@Tongo
Movies continue to make plenty of money. 2013 made a ****-ton of money, yes, inflation helps, but the fact is, even without inflation, the numbers aren't that of a dying breed. I don't think it's dwindling at all, it's an experience that continues to survive with relative ease. The Avengers 2 will likely made well-over a billion, as will Star Wars: Episode VII.

The other movies will surely make around five-hundred million apiece, with Jurassic World and Pirates likely coming around a billion themselves. Will it be the biggest year in movie history? If we're not adjusting for inflation, it'll take that title with ease.

Nice to see all these original ideas from today's movie makers, thank God they're not just cashing in because they know gullible people will be taken in to watch the same old crap over and over again.

Some people are easily pleased.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Nice to see all these original ideas from today's movie makers, thank God they're not just cashing in because they know gullible people will be taken in to watch the same old crap over and over again.

Some people are easily pleased.
Or ... or some people enjoyed the characters of Star Wars, Avengers, and Pirates of the Caribbean enough to want to see them again. Everybody doesn't have to enjoy the same thing, and it doesn't mean they are gullible or easily pleased. I hate this cynicism that seems to be carried about EVERYTHING from some posters. For example, I thoroughly enjoyed the first Avengers movie, I do believe superhero movies have become over-saturated, but I don't believe the quality has diminished with them.

I liked the first three Pirates movies, and I would really like to see more from the Jack Sparrow character, even though the fourth movie didn't do it for me.

I didn't absolutely love all of the Star Wars movies, but I am willing to give them a chance and I hope that others find enjoyment in them.

Also, it's incredibly easily to attack the filmmakers when you are only discussing the "big" movies. It's like attacking 2013 because Iron Man 3, Catching Fire, The Hobbit 2 and Frozen, while completely ignoring American Hustle, Dallas Buyers Club, Prisoners, and Wolf of Wall-Street.

I think I should make it clear that I don't have a problem with you believe that there are too many sequels, remakes, or anything else like that. I can even agree with some of those things, but I do disagree with you assuming everybody that disagrees with this as "easily pleased" or incorrect. It's an opinion versus. opinion kind-of thing.

I don't agree with what some of you are saying. If ime going the cinema I shouldn't have to go on Tuesday mornings to get a deal. I work hard all week so I want to go of a Saturday night, and be able to buy a drink and popcorn without it costing a fortune.

Y'all are going to the wrong places if you spend 55 bucks of your currency on it. Every time I've been to the theater, for probably the last three years I've never spent more than 25 for myself or 50 for two people.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Y'all are going to the wrong places if you spend 55 bucks of your currency on it. Every time I've been to the theater, for probably the last three years I've never spent more than 25 for myself or 50 for two people.
Agreed, I suppose that a lot of it depends on how many people, etc. although, I have always seen it as such. You don't have to go on a Tuesday, in-fact, sometimes I'll actually go to the movies on the weekend at around 4pm and only have to pay five dollars. They charge $8.25 per ticket where I live. As I've said, I can just eat before I go to the movies or after. I am not saying that it doesn't cost too much, I am only saying that a lot can be alleviated easily.