Song Tournament # 8 The Mega Tournament

Tools    

I'm going to do that tournament that HK suggested but not until Survivor is over and I get back from my dad's wedding.

I think I'm going to tweak it to bands or artists that have been nominated three times or more can't be nominated.
I'd say anyone that's been nominated twice, or even once. But what would you do? Post a complete list of everything that's ever been nominated?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Just post the bands or artists that you are not allowed to nominate. I was thinking three because there has been so many of these that will eliminate the big usuals but I don't want to eliminate everything. If I make people dig too deep they might not want to play. With three being the magic number it will still be one hell of a list.

1. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
2. The Doors - People Are Strange

I hate that I wasn't able to participate in this tournament as much as I would've liked, since I haven't had internet access due to recently moving. I missed several votes, and it was tough for me to keep up with my own nominations. I expected "Paradise City" to be more of a contender, despite Swan's anti-GNR stance.

And even though Hendrix's cover of "All Along the Watchtower" is my favorite song remaining, I'll be a bit annoyed to see it win, considering that I nominated it in the last tournament and f**king Bon Jovi eliminated it. Like, why wasn't it good enough when I nominated it? Am I not pretty enough or something?

No baths for you, Captain Spaulding! Not when you don't vote for "Highway to Hell."

I'm going to do that tournament that HK suggested but not until Survivor is over and I get back from my dad's wedding.

I think I'm going to tweak it to bands or artists that have been nominated three times or more can't be nominated.
sounds good. I'd be in for that. Have to give people some time in the first rounds as they're likely to be nominating more unknown songs so we'd need time to listen to everything!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Why not have a tournament for only new music that way people can't keep nominating The Beatles and Johnny Cash?

1 . The Cranberries - Zombievs
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

2 AC/DC - Highway to Hell vs
The Doors - People Are Strange

Just post the bands or artists that you are not allowed to nominate. I was thinking three because there has been so many of these that will eliminate the big usuals but I don't want to eliminate everything. If I make people dig too deep they might not want to play. With three being the magic number it will still be one hell of a list.
Could do that and more, maybe not be able to nominate songs that have been top 20 or top 50 single hits. That way people would have to think more .

Chappie doesn't like the real world
That's a good idea as well because those are the songs that people would probably automatically vote for in a tournament like this and that's what we are trying to avoid.

Changed my vote from The Cranberries to Jimi Hendrix.

Sorry, Cricket, but I need Jimi Hendrix to beat that whiny Doors song everyone's tickling themselves over with. The Cranberries probably don't have the power to do it, but maybe Jimi does.

Sorry, Cricket, but I need Jimi Hendrix to beat that whiny Doors song everyone's tickling themselves over with. The Cranberries probably don't have the power to do it, but maybe Jimi does.
The Doors FTW

Except I'll vote for The Doors over Hendrix, so you have to factor that in.

That's The Monkees, not The Doors.

I know ...but I didn't find any meme of The Doors ''Haters gonna hate'' so I took this one

You can just post any picture of Jim Morrison and it's a disapproval picture.