UK Soaps

Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I decided to start a thread for those of you who watch Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale.., Etc.

I've been hooked on Eastenders over the past few months. Fridays episode was a huge surprise. I would never have guessed that was coming. Discuss....

I find soaps dull. My parents watch Coronation Street and that's the one that I feel's the best, but even that's not brilliant nowadays.

^ Nope, it's not a soap.

Eastenders is my favourite and I was very surprised with that shock twist in Eastenders too, they kept that secret well!

As for the others, I watch Coronation Street although it is an immense bore at the moment and can't wait for you know who to die so we can get rid of the rubbish storyline, and I watch Neighbours too. Neighbours, far more interesting than Coronation Street right now.

I was going to watch the British soap awards tonight but after hearing who won Best Soap this year... I'm not bothering. On what planet does that soap win over Eastenders. Bla.

Never been able to get into Emmerdale(filmed not so far away from where I live), and I can't stand Hollyoaks.

The main popular soaps here in Britain:

Eastenders
Coronation Street
Neighbours
Emmerdale
Hollyoaks

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Eastenders only got good the past 6 months, before that it was pretty dull. Hollyoaks is the best it's ever been, plus attracts a lot of young people.

Neighbours is Australian though, but I prefer that and Home and Away over any of the British ones. I don't watch any myself but my mum watches most of them and I always bits of them when I am at home.

Neighbours, far more interesting than Coronation Street right now.
Always has been, always will be. Better acting, too, not that that's too difficult. I can't believe anyone wins awards for acting from that programme.

Hollyoaks is the best it's ever been
That can't be too difficult. I think I could do a finger puppet show better than Hollyoaks.

Coronation Street used to be brilliant back in the 60s and 70s. I very rarely watch it now. Used to be a Neighbours addict too when we had a pub I used to watch tv of a lunchtime. I know who people are on Eastenders but wouldn't saw I was a fan. They all seem to be the same to me - people conniving behind each others backs and having affairs with each other . Tedious.
I used to like Brookside in the early days tho before it went completely rediculous