Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Good movie from Jordan (I think). Quite a bit lost in translation as per usual. Lead actress very good.

Realized halfway through that I had seen this movie before. (Why do I keep doing this to myself?) It’s a very good movie. Two leads are very good, especially Carrie Coon.

Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=44991396

Baby Reindeer - (2024)

I know, I know - not a movie, but I rarely sneak anything in here that's not a movie. I watched all of Baby Reindeer and it was pretty compulsive viewing. Stalkers can be pretty scary, but I found that Donny Dunn (Richard Gadd) did tend to make his troubles worse by behaving in a manner as erratic as his bunny boiler of a fanatic Martha (Jessica Gunning). To be fair, he did have issues more complex than you'd ever guess when the series starts, and this is one piece of 'drama-based-on-real-life' that adds complexity to both sides of the equation. Both funny and darkly dramatic, I found it refreshingly real-feeling and endlessly surprising - it's full of those "Oh...NO!" moments. If you're ever flicking through stuff on Netflix, unsure of what to watch next, give it a go.

8/10
I been on the fence about watching this, worrying it’s a little too grim and true crime-y but your review is convincing me to give it a shot.

5th Rewatch...An extremely clever screenplay, kinetic direction, an Oscar-worthy music score, and chemistry between the stars that rivals Bogey and Ingrid Bergman combine to make perfect escapist entertainment. This slick and sexy story of two professional contract killers who are married to each other and have no idea they are in the same business provides breezy, if improbable, entertainment. I love that the film opens with them in couples therapy and they're unsure whether they've been married five years or six. This is the film that was the impetus for the media circus known as "Brangelina." The first time I've seen two actors fall in love with each other onscreen. Never tire of this movie.

5th Rewatch...An extremely clever screenplay, kinetic direction, an Oscar-worthy music score, and chemistry between the stars that rivals Bogey and Ingrid Bergman combine to make perfect escapist entertainment. This slick and sexy story of two professional contract killers who are married to each other and have no idea they are in the same business provides breezy, if improbable, entertainment. I love that the film opens with them in couples therapy and they're unsure whether they've been married five years or six. This is the film that was the impetus for the media circus known as "Brangelina." The first time I've seen two actors fall in love with each other onscreen. Never tire of this movie.
I have never seen this movie.

Tótem

A darling of the festival circuit, Lila Avilés' Tótem is now available for streaming on the Criterion Channel.
If you now have, or have ever had, loved ones at home facing a life-threatening medical condition, this movie could be pretty devastating.
With that caveat aside, there's a lot here to enjoy, as this is one of those movies that is mostly told through a child's eyes and has a way of planting a lot of images into your head.
This movie was short-listed for Best International Film at this year's Oscars, and while it didn't get nominated, it would have been a very worthy nominee.

Tótem

A darling of the festival circuit, Lila Avilés' Tótem is now available for streaming on the Criterion Channel.
If you now have, or have ever had, loved ones at home facing a life-threatening medical condition, this movie could be pretty devastating.
With that caveat aside, there's a lot here to enjoy, as this is one of those movies that is mostly told through a child's eyes and has a way of planting a lot of images into your head.
This movie was short-listed for Best International Film at this year's Oscars, and while it didn't get nominated, it would have been a very worthy nominee.
Amazon Prime has it.

Amazon Prime has it.
Yes, you can buy or rent it from Prime Video, but it isn't included with your subscription