Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tools    

Release Date: December 18, 2015 (3D/2D theaters)
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Lucasfilm
Director: J.J. Abrams
Screenwriter: J.J. Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan
Starring: Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong'o, Gwendoline Christie

"Star Wars: Episode VII" will be set 30 years after the events of "Return of the Jedi."

Harrison Ford's Injury Could Keep Him Out of "Episode VII" for 8 Weeks

It looks like that ankle injury that Harrison Ford suffered on the set of Star Wars Episode VII may be a little more serious than expected. According to reports from Variety, the injury Harrison Ford sustained on the set of Star Wars Episode VII could bench the actor for up to eight weeks.

Ford was injured after the hydraulic door of the Millennium Falcon reportedly fell and hit him on the “Star Wars” set at Pinewood Studios in England last Thursday, breaking his ankle. The actor was airlifted to hospital shortly thereafter.

According to Harrison's son Ben Ford, via Yahoo, Harrison Ford may require surgery.

Shooting is set to continue and “Episode VII” is expected to stay on schedule for its December 18, 2015 theatrical release.

Source: Variety and Yahoo

Star Wars: Episode VII' Could Get Pushed Back to 2016

Harrison Ford's publicist informed CNN that the 71-year old actor actually broke his leg. Initially, it was only thought that Ford would be unable to film for eight weeks. However, it is now said that this injury will keep him off the set for actually six months.

Word on the street is that the film might end up having to be pushed back, and may arrive in May 2016 instead of its original Dec 18, 2015 release date.

Source: FirstShowing via CNN

According to MovieWeb, multiple new reports claim that Han Solo will actually be on a mission to find a missing Luke Skywalker, gathering a search party and taking them on a galaxy-wide hunt for the Jedi Master.

Here is a new synopsis that has popped up online, though it hasn't been confirmed by Disney or LucasFilm:

Old smuggler Han Solo takes a group of new characters on a journey across the galaxy to find an old friend who has gone missing.
More plot details have arrived, giving some idea about the B storyline in the movie, which involves John Boyega's character, currently going by Thomas, and Daisy Ridley's character called Rachel. These names are subject to change. Here is what Making Star Wars believes they know about the plot:

We have heard that Thomas starts the film on the side of the villains. Thomas is shot down over Tatooine and he is injured from the crash. The things we heard from Abu Dhabi about a crashed ship is rumored to have been Thomas' fighter. Rachel rescues him from the wreckage and the elements of the sandy planet. Over the course of their "unlikely pairing," Thomas sees the reality of the universe and he defects from the side of the villains and decides to help Rachel for saving his life. However, things are not easy for the character because unlike most of the rebels we've met in the series, none were traitors, they were always on the side of right from the beginning. However, it appears Rachel and Thomas have an innocent flirtation in their first film with hints at romance in the future episodes. I often hear Thomas is a Jedi in the film, but I am beginning to think he might start that journey midway through Star Wars: Episode VII, which is why he has a lightsaber according to many reports.

All of this is to be taking as rumor at this point. So you never know.

Star Wars: Episode VII has been delayed to May 16, 2016. Supposedly.

Source: Movieweb and Making Star Wars

Carrie Fisher's Daughter Joins Star Wars: Episode VI
I

Billie Lourd, the daughter of Carrie Fisher and Creative Artists Agency chairman Bryan Lourd, has joined the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Latino Review's report does not reveal which character she may be playing, but it may be just a cameo appearance.

Star Wars: Episode VII has reportedly been delayed to May 16, 2016.

Source: Latino Review via MovieWeb

Finished here. It's been fun.
Really looking forward to this, I'm sure it will be quite good. Just hope it isn't delayed because of Ford's injury.

Just hope it isn't delayed because of Ford's injury.
Most likely that's the reason why it would get delayed. They would probably shoot around Harrison's involvement and then when he gets better, shoot his footage. Unless Han Solo will have a broken leg in the story.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Star Wars Episode 7 was an emotional experience for Kevin Smith (Picture: Kevin Smith/Instagram) It’s no secret that filmmaker Kevin Smith is a big fan of Star Wars – something which is made even more obvious by his reaction to visting the Episode 7 set.
The Clerks director was apparently so overwhelmed by his trip behind the scenes of the sci-fi blockbuster – which cranked up production last month – that he was actually in tears when he posted this selfie afterwards.
However he was quick to reassure his followers, saying: ‘Tears of joy – don’t worry’ – but offered no further clues to what he might have seen on his visit.
Star Wars 7, directed by JJ Abrams, has been filming at Pinewood after a stint in Abu Dhabi, with production continuing despite the recent setback of Harrison Ford’s broken leg.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/02/clerks...ional-4784386/

The nose drivel has me more convinced than the tear. Your grain of salt, Smith usually only glows about his bts experiences on movie sets.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
J.J. Abrams is "building a tactile world, a world you can touch. And he's replicating it with all the love of somebody that has the world's greatest collection of Star Wars figures," the "Clerks" director gushed.

Kevin Smith

Despite a blurry, leaked image of the Millennium Falcon, there's been few tangible details released from J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII set.
So, on June 30, when Clerks director Kevin Smith posted an Instagram photo teasing that he had visited the set at the U.K.'s Pinewood Studios, Star Wars fans clamored to tease any hint of what Abrams had been planning for George Lucas' universe.
Smith -- a dedicated Star Wars fan who earlier wrote a guest column for The Hollywood Reporter detailing his dream for the new film -- quickly dashed hopes by noting that he had signed a non-disclosure agreement. But he liked what he saw: "all I can share are this old Bantha-Tracks subscriber's tears and snotty nose of joy. The Force is WITH this movie."

The Instagram post left plenty of unanswered questions. And the director has addressed a few of them, speaking at length during an appearance at Neuchâtel International Fantastic Film Festival in Switzerland on Saturday.
"[Abrams] had sent me an email out of the blue while they were shooting in Abu Dhabi last month," Smith said, explaining the Star Wars invite.
"So we go to the set and they're actually shooting, and they're shooting -- and this is what I can't tell you what they were shooting -- But what I saw I absolutely loved," he said. "It was tactile, it wasn't a series of f---ing green and blue screens in which later on digital characters would be added. It was there it was happening."
"I saw uniforms, I saw artillery that I haven't seen since I was a kid. I saw them shooting an actual sequence in a set that is real -- I walked across the set, there were explosions -- and it looked like a shot right out of an f--ing Star Wars movie," he said. Smith also got a tour of "Stage M," where he he saw the full scale Millennium Falcon and stepped inside to walk around.
STORY: 'Star Wars' Adds Two New Cast Members
Abrams is "building a tactile world, a world you can touch. And he's replicating it with all the love of somebody that has the world's greatest collection of Star Wars figures," Smith gushed.
Smith was a guest of honor at the Swiss film festival, which runs from July 4-12. Video of the event is here (NSFW language included), via Slashfilm. The Star Wars discussionbegins after the 35 minute mark.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...episode-716843

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is more of the same, but I love hearing about all the practical being used. Hearing this news is making it hard for me to temper my expectations. I will say that it appears Abrams has a genuine love for the material.

Freerunner, Parkour expert and amateur actor Pip Andersen... and unknown actress Crystal Clarke have been added to the casting sheet.

Looking interesting. Abrams going with unknowns is a good thing... it's in keeping with the original films... and a parkour runner? No doubt a Force Character.

WTF is that idiot George Osbourne doing on the Star Wars set next to R2 D2... unless it's some poor soul who unfortunately looks very much like him.

Zap him, ZAP him!

Well it seems that Star Wars Episode VII will indeed be heading back on its schedule as planned for December 18th, 2015.

Disney has announced that the shooting schedule has been laid out. They will take two weeks off in August to give Ford enough time to recuperate, and NOTHING will stop them from reaching that 2015 release date.

Source: Ain't It Cool

It's being shot in IMAX. I fell in love with the look of the IMAX in a non-documentary form in The Dark Knight so this gets me excited. Unfortunately there's no real IMAX screen here in St. Louis so I'm going to have to plan a road trip. Yes, I'm willing to drive 3-600 miles for this.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-7-imax-2/

It's being shot in IMAX. I fell in love with the look of the IMAX in a non-documentary form in The Dark Knight so this gets me excited. Unfortunately there's no real IMAX screen here in St. Louis so I'm going to have to plan a road trip. Yes, I'm willing to drive 3-600 miles for this.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-7-imax-2/
Shot in Imax is kinda cool, but the whole "converted to 3-D " business is wasteful. All movies converted into that format are simply money making efforts (not that Star Wars isn't). The only way 3-D can and would ever work is if a film is shot strictly in three dimension.