50% off Criterions at Barnes and Nobles.

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
In the other 50% off Barnes and Nobles thread I mentioned that I ordered some Criterions and one never arrived. So I got a refund, it arrived the next day.

So I got The Darjeeling Limited bluray Criterion for free.

Suspect's Reviews

...and the final batch:

Total $600 worth of films which would have been $1,200 had it not been on sale.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Good deals, but they don't half take a long time to ship to Britain... geez. When I order from American Amazon, it's really really quick delivery. I know it's still in the shipping time but they leave it till the later of the time frame.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I wasn't really sure where to post this so here you go.
It was reported last week (here) that Criterion could be prepping to re-release Ishiro Honda’s Gojira on Blu-ray in the future. Twitch is now hearing that Criterion will also be releasing the Americanized version, Godzilla, King of the Monsters with that release. The studio was able to find a 35mm Fine-Grain print of the film. Don’t know what that means? Well, you can read an article here to get a better understanding of it.
Fans would recall that Goijra was accused of featuring a lot of Anti-Americanism in the film, and it was heavily edited (as with many of the Godzilla films) to omit those scenes. Raymond Burr was added into the film as a new character. Of course, fans would definitely rather watch the dark, gritty version that is Goijra than the less-serious edited version. However, King of the Monsters is still rather entertaining as a typical “Monster On the Loose” type film.