Alternative Cut: John Carpenter's 'Halloween'

Tools    

Originally Posted by Bloody Disgusting
Over at Davis DVD is a feature entitled called 'Alternative Cuts', where they display and explain alternate versions of movies. Today they posted an amazing feature on John Carpenter's classic Halloween. In 1980 Carpenter and producer Debra Hill wrote and filmed twelve minutes of new footage for the NBC broadcast during the production of the sequel Halloween II. If you click here you can read more about it and check out stills from the new scenes. In the classic 1978 film a psychotic murderer institutionalized since childhood escapes on a mindless rampage while his doctor chases him through the streets.
Source: Bloody Disgusting

Once I rented the alternate cut of Halloween, but I have never been able to find it so that i can buy it.

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence." Alex (A Clockwork Orange)

A system of cells interlinked
I own it, bought it by mistake. It is pretty good, but the footage wasn't really needed. They try to explain more about the evil that is Michael but it's just a bunch of psycho-babble that seems out of place in a Carpenter slasher flick. I would probably trade this version for the theatrical cut DVD....

While i do love Halloween i think im just gonna stick with my theatrical version