Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I read the book, which was wilder, but it also had tough and touching moments.

The film lacked all of that. Just showed a bit of debauchery really, with debilitatingly awful opening narration.

All excellent movies.

Misunderstood (1984)

This is Schmaltzy overdrive but I still liked the performances of Hackman and Henry Thomas.

5/10

Starman -

gotta love Carpenter directing an E.T. knockoff after it demolished The Thing at the box office
I want to listen to the commentary for that film. I love what Jeff Bridges did as Starman, and it's pretty scary stuff too in places.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Images - 5/10
As a movie spaces out, so do I... I'll start imagining things, scenarios, while staring at the movie the entire time. A 5/10 is one I don't regret watching, and midway through the movie, I thought "Well, its Altman, so its one off my check-list" and thought that might be the way forward. I'm at a crossroads, and I might as well finish De Sica, Brando, etc., no matter how bad.

What a great movie. Caught me a bit off guard because I didn't expect it to be as funny as it was. As somebody who butchers the English language daily I have to say that I rather liked Audrey's "bad" English.

Mosquito the Rapist (1977)

Despite of the odd name there's no raping in this Swiss eurotrash. It's sleazy and somewhat nasty though. Deaf and mute man defiles corpses and drinks their blood. Eventually things will escalate a bit more. Quite nice oddity.

Total Recall is awesome. It's the second best Schwarzeneggar movie and one of the 20 greatest sci-fi movies ever. It's also Arnold's best role, although the best sci-fi movie is Terminator 2.

THE DIRT
(2019)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Friday The 13th (2009)

much better on a rewatch, brutal kills and moves at a nice pace giving us the first 25 minutes of pure bloodshed before picking up with the main characters and yet more machete fodder, I had a good time

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Total Recall is awesome. It's the second best Schwarzeneggar movie and one of the 20 greatest sci-fi movies ever. It's also Arnold's best role, although the best sci-fi movie is Terminator 2.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Is the remake, Total Recall (2012) worth a watch or should I stick to the awesome original?

INDIAN HORSE (2017) STEPHEN S. CAMPANELLI
Loss, all types of violence, discrimination. This follows the life of a native american, Saul Indian Horse, from a residential school in Canada where he was stripped of any root he had with his culture, to his talent in hockey, to become a stereotype of alcoholism.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Stalker (1979)

Won't say much I know the director is beloved but was too drawn out for me.