Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

One of the better movies I've seen in awhile. I never had any interest in but was in the mood for something good and this was on my list of potential second round picks. Loved Robert Walker as Bruno - what a great creep. Hitchcock is really trying to draw out the suspense in this one. I thought it worked well in the first visit to the fair (outstanding scene) but didn't work as well at the tennis match/lighter scene. Thought I was watching Borg/McEnroe at Wimbledon again. A C.H.U.D would've made that scene a bit better but they hadn't been created yet. Highly recommend

"Mortal Engines"

Way better than I thought it would be. I liked the concepts of "Predator" cities and "Municipal Darwinism". I appreciated that there was a strong female character without the writer/director making her a raging feminazi. All-in-all, it was a decent movie and definitely worth a watch.

La isla minima [Marshland] (Alberto Rodriguez, 2014)

Solid Spanish sleuthing story

2018 Mofo Film Award nominee for Best Documentary
Top contender for me, so far:

Free Solo 2018

This guy doesn't process FEAR like normal human beings.
My palms were sweaty during the very tense final scenes of this beautifully shot documentary.
That final shot of El Capitan is amazeballs!

Captain Marvel. Solid 7/10. I think it’s okay and has decent humor, but lacks any innovation outside of the normal superhero formula

The Relic

Not a bad monster movie. Penelope Ann Miller is good at playing a poor man's Dana Scully, and Tom Sizemore is funny at playing a down-on-his-luck cop. 6.5/10

The Lost City Of Z (James Gray, 2016)
+
A shame the Z turns out to be a bit of a snore

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The Lost City Of Z (James Gray, 2016)
+
A shame the Z turns out to be a bit of a snore

So...The Lost City of Zzzzzz?

Unregistered User

Spirits of The Dead (1968)

Horror anthology directed by Fellini, Malle and Vadim. My favourite was probably Malle's but I loved the ending of Toby Dammit by Fellini. Overall its not something I'll revisit but was glad to watch.