The Videogames Tab

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I've been playing Monster Hunter: World for about 8 hours or so game time. I'm considering writing some commentary about it if anyone is interested. Granted I'm only 8 hours in, but there is a LOT to this game. And it's an odd one. It's like a mix of World of Warcraft in which you run kill quests or collection missions. You can actually mine just like in WoW. Character dialogue, voicing, and environments remind me in a lot of ways of FF XIII, without the forced linear world. It's a grind game in which you only ever just hunt creatures per mission, but the world is HUGE so once you get to explore on your own then wandering around is actually fun.

Well. That's enough for now. Interesting game so far. I may post more anyway if it holds my attention.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The People's Republic of Clogher
I've been playing Monster Hunter: World for about 8 hours or so game time. I'm considering writing some commentary about it if anyone is interested. Granted I'm only 8 hours in, but there is a LOT to this game. And it's an odd one. It's like a mix of World of Warcraft in which you run kill quests or collection missions. You can actually mine just like in WoW. Character dialogue, voicing, and environments remind me in a lot of ways of FF XIII, without the forced linear world. It's a grind game in which you only ever just hunt creatures per mission, but the world is HUGE so once you get to explore on your own then wandering around is actually fun.

Well. That's enough for now. Interesting game so far. I may post more anyway if it holds my attention.
I put around 20 hours into MHW, liked it well enough without ever wanting to finish it. Something about the actual combat felt very unsatisfying to me - I was unloading my massive weapons on these even more massive creatures and never getting very much tactile or visual feedback from the game. It didn't feel as meaty as it looked.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm not sure how to add PS people on PC, hmmm.
Hmm, for me I can add people with their rocket ID, which should now be assigned to everyone. It should be on the main menu screen (for me I have to push R2 to bring it up). From there I add the ID.

I never had one before the cross-platform update, so I'm pretty sure everyone has one. PC/X-Box/PS4 possibly even switch.

Suspect's Reviews

Hmm, for me I can add people with their rocket ID, which should now be assigned to everyone. It should be on the main menu screen (for me I have to push R2 to bring it up). From there I add the ID.

I never had one before the cross-platform update, so I'm pretty sure everyone has one. PC/X-Box/PS4 possibly even switch.
Thanks. I'll take a look when I get home and post it then.

I'm not sure how to add PS people on PC, hmmm.

WarningTrack#7108 I think

Google Stadia eh?

It seems kinda important. Game changing, even.

Thoughts?

I've used Nvidia Game Stream on occasions with my Shield and it surprised me how well things performed, even with my rural-ass internet. Their infrastructure needs work, though, and sometimes things are really poor even though my actual internet is performing normally. I imagine Google won't have the same server spottiness.

I don't think the likes of Steam are too worried - People will always want the freedom with PC games to mod etc - but the console manufacturers, who already enjoy the kind of closed shop that Stadia promises? There are already rumours of streaming-friendly stopgap machines even before the new generation of consoles get announced. Nintendo will always be Nintendo, and the Switch has enough USPs to justify its existence, but MS and Sony are bound to be waking up in a weird mood.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Yeah it's gonna be interesting to watch. We've had 'streaming gaming is here' false dawns before. Does feel like user-end connectivity is the big make-or-break in some ways (assuming their end is solid etc).

Definitely puts the cat amongst the pigeons with the consoles though to be sure. Pricing will be interesting. If they can be streaming desirable games painlessly to digi TVs by Summer 2020 the console guys will definitely be pooping some pants.

Long-term it is gonna be interesting if everything moves to 'game infrastructure as a service', with us spending cash on access rather than building mad PCs etc.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Omfg I’ve finally finished rdr2 3 months later. I felt a real emotional attachment to Arthur Morgan whom is one of my all time favourite characters. Glad it’s over however, now I’ll just explore the massive world getting challenges done, side missions and crafting whilst having Bloodborne be my primary game. After that maybe devil may cry or Nathan drake collection. Then later Witcher 3 and god of war 4. So many great games to play.

Omfg I’ve finally finished rdr2 3 months later. I felt a real emotional attachment to Arthur Morgan whom is one of my all time favourite characters. Glad it’s over however, now I’ll just explore the massive world getting challenges done, side missions and crafting whilst having Bloodborne be my primary game. After that maybe devil may cry or Nathan drake collection. Then later Witcher 3 and god of war 4. So many great games to play.
I'm deep in chapter 6 myself, and having a rough time
WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
because of the state Arthur is in and how much I like him

Yeah it's gonna be interesting to watch. We've had 'streaming gaming is here' false dawns before. Does feel like user-end connectivity is the big make-or-break in some ways (assuming their end is solid etc).

Definitely puts the cat amongst the pigeons with the consoles though to be sure. Pricing will be interesting. If they can be streaming desirable games painlessly to digi TVs by Summer 2020 the console guys will definitely be pooping some pants.

Long-term it is gonna be interesting if everything moves to 'game infrastructure as a service', with us spending cash on access rather than building mad PCs etc.
When I bought my Sony TV 3 years ago, Playstation Now already had an app built into it, plus native Dualshock 4 support. They quietly dropped it 6 months later and the app disappeared. Too soon.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I'm deep in chapter 6 myself, and having a rough time
because of the state Arthur is in and how much I like him

I completely sympathize. I actually found it less than enjoyable to simply roam the world and "waste time" knowing how unwell he was. It really changed the feel of the game for me. Get through it though - seek some......redemption.

As much as I dislike this whole Epic exclusivity situation, I have to give them kudos for bringing console exclusives to the PC market. That was a brilliant move. Now if they'd only fix their security issues, then I'd be on board. I just keep reading about attempted hacks happening every 30 seconds. Even with new accounts. How does anyone know you even have an account let alone hack it when it's only minutes old?

Does anyone here use the Epic store? What say you about its security?

The Adventure Starts Here!
As much as I dislike this whole Epic exclusivity situation, I have to give them kudos for bringing console exclusives to the PC market. That was a brilliant move. Now if they'd only fix their security issues, then I'd be on board. I just keep reading about attempted hacks happening every 30 seconds. Even with new accounts. How does anyone know you even have an account let alone hack it when it's only minutes old?

Does anyone here use the Epic store? What say you about its security?
I recently got on board with it, but I've only used it for freebies they apparently offer every few weeks. I don't have the app open at all unless I'm using it.

I recently got on board with it, but I've only used it for freebies they apparently offer every few weeks. I don't have the app open at all unless I'm using it.

I've been apprehensive about getting it due to all the horror stories. It is annoying having to add yet another launcher, but if I'm being honest the only thing really holding me back from getting this is the lack of security.

That's definitely enough reason!
I'm pretty close to cracking, though. All it takes is just one person saying the store is perfectly safe in order for me to delude myself into downloading it. I'm only human.

Seriously though, why haven't you purchased anything? Is it because you don't trust it with your info or just never really bothered?

These things are just timed exclusives, no?

The thing that surprised me initially was that, although I knew that TGC's Sony exclusivity was coming to an end, I had no idea that also applied to the games they made for PS3 and PS4. Giving more people a chance to experience Journey is always a good thing.