The Movie Forums Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

Adding your films to the List sheet now, each member gets added to that once your votes are locked in.

So I ended up having to cut from my list

Jaws

Seance on a Wet Afternoon
Sunshine
The Collector
Road Games

I guess we have to do "Thrillers" after this

Happy Friday aka Deadline Due-Date Final Exam Day. This has resembled the experience of a semester-long class to me, actually. And an unusual one at that. Someone entertain everybody while I continue adding up all the votes.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	FinalExam.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	52348  

Not seeing myself either, do I need to resend, did I do it wrong?

It's interesting that imdb doesn't consider Jaws to be Horror, but The Shallows is.
JAWS 2 is horror so not sure why JAWS isnt, Ill have to change mine as well, if I don't get anything in just leave it blank for me I suppose.

Not seeing myself either, do I need to resend, did I do it wrong?
You're up third in line at the moment, if you put Jaws go ahead and PM me a replacement.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Amityville Horror should never be discounted. Ever.
It should be by anyone who's not encountered a talking pig with glowing eyes.
For foreign movies, how do you want it done...English title only or both?
As long as you include the year, one title [either one] should be enough.

It's interesting that imdb doesn't consider Jaws to be Horror, but The Shallows is.
Hardly seems fair.

Maybe people will vote 'Anaconda' (1997) in its place.

I finally sent my list in.

I didn't get to rewatch as many old favourites as I'd hoped, but I got through most of the new watches that I wanted to see before the deadline...and then I didn't include a single one.

Time well spent.

Updated list is in, did not realize The Prophecy was not horror - always considered it as such. Although I do not agree I can kind of see why Aliens and JAWS is not, Prophecy is billed as a horror-thriller. Guess we cant help what IMDB does.

Thanks for the hard work putting this together.

Oh yes, been downing some HARP LAGER gearing up for this festive Celtic holiday weekend while running the numbers here.

Updated list is in, did not realize The Prophecy was not horror - always considered it as such. Although I do not agree I can kind of see why Aliens and JAWS is not, Prophecy is billed as a horror-thriller. Guess we cant help what IMDB does.

Thanks for the hard work putting this together.
It does seema bit arbitrary, I think The Prophecy is actually less horror than a lot of other stuff mentioned, it takes what would be a classic horror setup and turns it into more of an action drama. Stuff like Jaws, Terminator and Predator are more horror for me as the films are much more based on being "chased by a monster" with a lot of tension/fear.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Happy Friday aka Deadline Due-Date Final Exam Day. This has resembled the experience of a semester-long class to me, actually. And an unusual one at that. Someone entertain everybody while I continue adding up all the votes.

Suspect's Reviews