Which of these two is better: Terminator 2 or Aliens?

Tools    

What's the better flick?
41.18%
14 votes
Terminator 2
44.12%
15 votes
Aliens
14.71%
5 votes
Equal
34 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Both movies are very simlar:

Both are sci-fi action movies.
Both are sequels at very close quality to the original based on collective popular opinion.
Both are James Cameron movies, and said to be among his best.

While I'd rather watch Aliens because I'm a horror/thriller guy, I have to admit that there's a lot more to Terminator 2 and it was all well done.

NICE MATCHUP, maybe the toughest one to decide on yet. I went with T2 simply because it somehow outdid T1. Alien 1 & 2 were both genius, but just very different styles of storytelling.

I know. The hardest part out movie franchises is if the first two are great but you screw up the third one, that leaves more wiggle room for cash grabs.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
T2 I'd say is a great movie, where as Aliens is a good movie.

Aliens is a scifi action with horror elements, and T2 is more of your usual summer movie blockbuster

I voted for Equal. Although I like T2 better. But one is about a cyborg and the other is about a bunch of aliens. So it should not even be compared.

I voted for Equal. Although I like T2 better. But one is about a cyborg and the other is about a bunch of aliens. So it should not even be compared.

That's not exactly a fair assessment. Both movies have a lot of similarities. By this logic you can't rightfully compare any two movies with different plots, which goes against the whole idea of reviewing movies.

Aliens
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.