R.I.P Luke Perry, age 52

Tools    

OMG, I can't believe it...I actually met Perry once prior to 90210 when he was still on a daytime soap opera called Loving. He was very gracious and accommodating and one of the most unassuming people I have ever met. I always got the impression that this was a guy who went after fame, but after her got it, he seemed completely ill equipped for it. Like so many people who have achieved fame, I think once he achieved it, he didn't want it anymore. I hope he's at peace now. RIP.

OMG!

So shocked! I mistakenly thought it was Steve Perry formerly from Journey, but this seems even more unexpected. I never watched 90210, but you couldn't help hearing about this guy. Too young, RIP

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Heard he had a massive stroke. Thought he was going to pull through.

RIP.

Sad.

Suspect's Reviews

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I remember being shocked seeing him in this movie. Don't know why though.
Looked up which movie it was... and have no memory of his part in it (granted, I haven't seen it in quite a while).

Luke rocked sideburns like nobody's business! (I've never been able to grow sideburns, so I envy him for that).

Dang, he's two years younger than I am.

RIP, buddy!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looked up which movie it was... and have no memory of his part in it (granted, I haven't seen it in quite a while).

Luke rocked sideburns like nobody's business! (I've never been able to grow sideburns, so I envy him for that).

Dang, he's two years younger than I am.

RIP, buddy!
His role is in the opening sequence and that is it.

Weird is relative.
It's pretty scary that someone can die from a stroke so young. RIP.

It's pretty scary that someone can die from a stroke so young. RIP.
That was my thought also. When I had heard he'd had a massive stroke, it was really shocking and like Suspect, I thought he would recover. Just after hearing this, I happened to catch a movie with him today and really thought he was a good actor. Godspeed, Luke.

I always associate Luke with my high school years when he was a huge TV star and heartthrob. A cool good-looking young actor with great sideburns. He was one of the guys I tried to imitate back then.

Luke's last film role will be in Quentin Tarantino's upcoming film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood as Canadian actor Wayne Maunder who passed away just this past November.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa