2018 NFL PickEm League

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Week "It's All Over But the Crying"

Texans
Patriots
Vikings
Eagles
Ravens

To everyone still here, hanging on until the end, Stanks .

I really have a love/hate doing this. Part of me feels like I need to contribute something to this site and this helps. Then there is a part of me that realizes I have no chance, because the top level operators are working with a set of skills that I don't possess.

Anybody that is still here, has any interest in doing this again, please take a time to do an exit survey of sorts.
What would be a change you would like to see and what was something you didn't like.

I'd like to see double points for rookies - I'd have won this thing then

I would like to keep 5 games, but make it by the spread. Without the spread there are a lot of easy picks, which I try to avoid, but I have to pick some to stay in the game.

Anybody that is still here, has any interest in doing this again, please take a time to do an exit survey of sorts.
What would be a change you would like to see and what was something you didn't like.
Well, first, I appreciate you doing it. It's a fun game, regardless of specifics.

As for suggestions: I think the only obvious thing is making the choices tougher. That might mean picking more (all?) games, or it might mean picking against a spread. Even if spreads change, just picking a source at the start of each week would probably be fine. If someone gets hurt and the old line is out of date, sure, a lot of people will probably get a "free" point, but that's already sort of the case picking straight-up, anyway.

Other than that, I think whatever wrinkles are thrown in need to be strategic, rather than arbitrary (IE: extra points for getting all the picks in a given week right).

Examples: maybe a a bonus point you can choose to add to one game each week if you're particularly confident about it (with or without a penalty if you're wrong). Or maybe just a pool of points you can wager more or less of each time. Maybe with some rules about the max number of points you can wager on each game, and/or the minimum number of games you have to involve each week. This actually probably wouldn't be too much more work than just counting wins each week, particularly if you threw this stuff into a simple spreadsheet.

Anyway, hope that's helpful, hope you do it again.

We should be allowed to pick the Playoffs too so every point is counted at the end of the day.
I like that idea. The cream ends up rising to the top by the end of the season. Cricket and Yoda have both been top level operators the 2 times I've done this. It's fun, but I think we get enough of a sample size after 17 weeks. Plus, it reserves the playoffs for suddendeathmatchfaceoffs if needed.

Using the playoffs as a tiebreaker is nice. There are so few games during the playoffs that there'd be a ton of overlap in the picks, anyway, whereas now there are usually 7-10 "pickable" games each week.

Got them cold sweats wondering if I picked them Steelers. That team just doesn't make sense this year.

Eh, it's been a weird year. Several games have turned on small things. Flip a few of those and they're sitting on a bye instead of going home. That's how it goes sometimes.

And as good as Connor's been, losing Bell obviously didn't help. Pretty likely that'd have swung a couple of those razor-thin games.

Wow, Steelers almost pulled it off. Won the game, and the Browns needed basically one first down for a makeable field goal, but it kept clanging off their receivers' hands. Baltimore did everything possible to blow it but Cleveland gave it right back.

What a weird season.

Yeah, crazy season, early on I didnt think they had a chance, then I thought they had a playoff spot wrapped up and then they couldn't hold on. Damn rollercoaster. Not really too mad they at least made things interesting. It was weird rooting for the Browns. I can honestly say I never want to do it again.

I saw the end of the game. Really felt like it was gonna happen until the end.

OOF

We not gonna talk about that Fumble6 they stole from Cleveland?

Champion you are. Congratulations you receive.

Got them cold sweats wondering if I picked them Steelers. That team just doesn't make sense this year.
Dont wanna say this but Big Ben hurts the team allot. He might be leading in TD and yards this season but he turns the ball over way too much and their D is not their. I think Draft needs to be their future next QB. With steelers running style any Running Back can work their. But this team crashed and quit on Tomlin after the Patriots win for some reason.

Well done Chris. I not only beat Camo but a few others which is surprising to me and probably annoying to them

Cheers for taking the time and trouble to run it dd!