Name the Director

Tools    

No clue

John Korty

OPEN FLOOR
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I swear I've seen the black and white one, but it's slipping my mind. Actress in the last one looks like Jennifer Tilly? Or maybe Meg.

Sorry. I knew I shouldn't have started a set this morning. Too busy a day. None of those guesses are correct. It is not The Coen Brothers and the actress in the fifth film is not a Tilly.

Now adding a second shot for each flick. Five different films, one director...

FILM ONE:

FILM TWO:

FILM THREE:

FILM FOUR:

FILM FIVE:

Yes!

Keith Gordon

The actor (Back to School, Christine, Jaws 2, Dressed to Kill) turned director. These are his five features, to date. In order as presented in my photo array, A Midnight Clear (1992), The Chocolate War (1988), The Singing Detective (2003), Mother Night (1996), and Waking the Dead (2000). In recent years he has been directing episodic television such as "Homeland", "The Leftovers", "Fargo", "Dexter", "The Killing", and "The Bridge".

You're up, Gomorra.

And for the record, the woman pictured in the fifth film (Waking the Dead) is not a Tilly but Canadian actress Molly Parker, probably best known for HBO's "Deadwood".