Soundtracks you would actually listen to without the film

Tools    

Are there any soundtracks you own that you enjoy listening too without the film? i understand i may not have the same tastes i am mostly a alternative rock listener but am open to everything for discussion.

Im looking for more and any recommendations would be great.

Thumbsucker (2005) This is my favorite is has original scores by Tim DeLaughter and Polphonic spree W/ songs by Elliot smith. i have a hard time watching the movie without just listing to the music.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OL...bjTAWp9OB9OBOg

Magnolia (1999) I thought the film was just trying to be indie and was pretentious made no sense but thats another conversation but it introduced me to Aimee Mann
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...SLjdzZ7l-Q1T_r

And then Victoria (2015) original score by Nils Frahm

Manhunter, Blade Runner, Conan the Barbarian, The Keep, The Hunger, HEAT, Children of Dune, Escape from New York

Do you own these soundtracks or just listen online?

Own them.

One of my greatest childhood disappointments was purchasing the original version of the Blade Runner soundtrack (the orchestral warm-over) on cassette and finding out that it was not really the OST. It took forever for the real thing to slowly come out in bootlegs and then finally official releases.

Own them.

One of my greatest childhood disappointments was purchasing the original version of the Blade Runner soundtrack (the orchestral warm-over) on cassette and finding out that it was not really the OST. It took forever for the real thing to slowly come out in bootlegs and then finally official releases.
This reminded me of when I bought the Batman album in 1989 (also on cassette)... I thought I was purchasing the Danny Elfman soundtrack... but it was actually all the songs by Prince.

I liked Prince otherwise, but the whole "just write a bunch of songs for a Batman movie because you're a top artist right now" was just awful.

I don't usually listen to soundtracks on their own, but I always let this tune play in full when it comes up in my shuffle:

Own them.

I will have to check out blade runner OST online. Ill be honest when i watch it i take the film as a whole and havnt specifically noticed the ST. I bet its very good on its own.

I don't usually listen to soundtracks on their own, but I always let this tune play in full when it comes up in my shuffle:

And what are you doing when this starts playing? and what happens you just go into extreme mode

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The Fountain OST is in my Spotify library, but I listen to Bowie's Labyrinth OST near daily. Vedder's songs for Into the Wild were nice, but I've not bought or downloaded that soundtrack. Obviously Prince's Purple Rain is a staple. Apart from what's already been listed, that's all I got off the top of my head.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I listen to the Good Time soundtrack regularly. Its Tangerine Dream-like vibes still hold up nicely.

Remember when Tangerine Dream did the soundtrack to just about every synth soundtrack?

Remember when Tangerine Dream did the soundtrack to just about every synth soundtrack?
Ha, yes. Their most popular song by far is still the one set to Tom Cruise romancing a prostitute on a subway. I wonder what they think about that?

I tend to get at least one song from any film I watch. People think I’m exaggerating, but nah. Only reason I watch certified trash these days is to get new music. In terms of the greats - John Williams, Hans Zimmer, also love Angelo Badalamenti and Desplat.

All harold feltemeyer and hans zimmer soundtracks
Tango and cash
Beverly hills cop
Not just movies, crysis 2 videogame soundtrack by hans zimmer is a classic