Russian Language Hall of Fame II

Tools    

Ok. So I guess this is "The Thief" which is on Youtube

I still need 1 - The Return (2003) .... please send link if you'll find it ...

My rankings of Tarkovsky's films:

1) Stalker
2) Andrei Rublev
3) The Mirror
4) Solaris
5) Ivan's Childhood
6) The Killers

Save for The Killers (which is still good, but very student film-y and a bit racist), I think all of these are essential films.

Never heard of the Killers

I liked Mirror Citizen. Probably my number 3
The Killers is a relatively obscure short film he made before he directed his first feature film.

I found like 4 of them, (in full size)...
I'm having "issues" with these :
The Dream of a Ridiculous Man needs some identification on Youtube (other than phone), I need The Thief (1997), Khrustalyov, My Car(1998), and The Return (2003).
I watched ScarletLions link but that is also a payed website, those films appear as samples of 20 minutes only.
I'll also Google them and see if I can find them on some online website
If you guys know where can be these found (of course with English subs) feel free to message me..... till then I'll watch the other 4
https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/the-return-2003

Kanopy is a free service you can get if your library participates. If you have an Amazon account or Vudu, you can rent it for $2. (I usually try to spend $0 on these challenges, but $2 isn't horrible).

Let the night air cool you off
I don't need to watch The Cranes Are Flying again to know that I love it immensely. I probably don't need to see Stalker again, but I might anyway. This looks like a great bunch, I am hoping Cranes wins, but I wouldn't be upset with Stalker taking it.

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/the-return-2003

Kanopy is a free service you can get if your library participates. If you have an Amazon account or Vudu, you can rent it for $2. (I usually try to spend $0 on these challenges, but $2 isn't horrible).
The thing is I remember seeing it now.... it's just that I'd like to see it again....
Thx for the link

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Some really good noms in here! Stalker is a huge favourite! Cranes are flying is also pretty good, it was part of the last Russian HoF, and so is Leviathan, which I believe I nominated for that or another HoF.

I never watched "the dream of the ridiculous man" but I read it and it's amazing, I might check it out!

With deep regret I have to say that I feel compelled to withdraw from this competition.
It's just that I am kinda busy with job these days and I also will be, so somehow I feel like watching something else after a stressful day.
Hope it's ok....
I will watch movies I feel like watching though (not hat I don't like these ones as well - I've seen most of them anyway) so I'll maybe watch some other movies, maybe different foreign movies or something more cheerful
Had a moment in my life when I started to learn Russian intensively for about 4 years... also speak it on a conversation level now, not an academic one though .... so while I got in touch with some Russian language speakers they kinda recommended me many Russian movies....
I've seen plenty of them, (watch Bumer 1/2 maybe there's a 3 also) it's how they call the BMW in some parts over there ....
So I kinda know how are people feeling about their own "rodina" (homeland) and I've seen a bunch of Russian films about the difficult life from there, maybe some were funny or had different subjects, but I hope you will all forgive me since I feel like watching something else.
пожалуйста, не сердитесь на меня (pozhaluysta, ne serdites' na menya), Желаю хорошего дня товарищи (I wish you a great day comrads )