Movie Tab II

Tools    

Reservoir Dogs

I like the title.

Die Hard

I found this poster on Google Images hope you enjoy

Quite possibly the dumbest movie ever made. Massive Russian men. 12 zillion plot holes. Black guy that listens to Stevie Wonder. Every line of dialogue is unfiltered mental retardation.

Doesn't make it any less awesome though.

Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Wasn't laugh out loud for me on first watch, but this is probably one of the best satires I've ever seen. It's main message is very clear, and it gets pretty obvious, but it manages to remain clever. Much like Die Hard, this movie really makes you think.

Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood

Tarantino threatens to murder Brad Pitt with a pistol

Tarantino's Wolf of Wallstreet. Long, great cast, funny, and stylish. Unlike Wolf of Wallstreet, this movie builds. Might turn some people away, it's a slow burner. I was wondering when the cool stuff would happen too. But when it does, it's worth it.

I showed it to my son and he starting crying. Idiot doesn't even know who Sergio Corbucci is. I breastfed him and threw him out the window.

Seen in April

The Adventures of Mark Twain
: One of those weird movies where stuff just happens and the overarching plot isn't developed much. Still a very interesting stop motion film.

Wake in Fright
: Despite what Wikipedia might tell you, I wouldn't call this a thriller: It feels more like an intense psychological drama with a thriller feel. The scenes where the characters drive in the pitch black desert illuminating the red eyes of the kangaroos with their headlights evoked a unique emotion from me that I don't know how to describe.

20 Million Miles to Earth
: Wonderful effects, I laughed when one character picked up the creature and you could tell it was just a doll.

Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story
: Most filmmakers that make a film with an interesting gimmick simply use that to engage their audiences and don't put much else into the film. Not Todd Haynes though: He has made an emotional experimental biopic with fantastic voice acting that's so good you almost forget all of the performers are Barbie dolls. Hopefully people won't be too mad if I pick this for a Hall of Fame.

Punishment Park
+: Why are nearly all mockumentaries comedies? There's so many different emotions and stories that could be explored by making it into a fake documentary. Peter Watkins is one of the few filmmakers to understand the genre's potential and i cannot wait to check out more of his work.

Dead Calm
: Intense and well-shot thriller. Would watch again.

The Stuff
: That poster that always fascinated me as a kid is somewhat misleading: Apart from a few shots of gross body horror, this is a straight up comedy! I liked all the bizarre moments and the absolute joke of a main character.

WarGames
: Solid teen romp with a great finale.

Hot Shots! Part Deux REWATCH: Will we ever get good parody movies again?

Crash (1996)
+: Half of this film is just sex scenes, but that kind of thing doesn't bother me. I often find the characters and pacing in Cronenberg films lacking, but I didn't experience any of those issues watching this. Great soundtrack too.

A League of their Own
: Enjoyable Hollywood film with really fun characters.