Theater etiquette and stories

Tools    

Once the back five rows of a packed movie marathon was kicked out because some one broke on of the lights. Thank god i was close to the front

This is something that happened to an old friend of mine:

Her first job was in a theater, and she'd been working there for a little while when she was scheduled to work an evening shift. I don't know if it was the town, the time of the week or month, the movies being shown, or all of the above, but that night was pretty slow, just a few people in each theater. One in particular, though, had a young couple that were all over each other the moment they walked into the building (don't know what movie they came in to watch), and they kept making out during the movie.

After a while, my friend was sent to do a quick scan of certain rooms, and when she finally made it to the one holding the young couple, she found that they'd turned it into a honeymoon suite. They were going at their business, didn't really care that she saw them (and, no, there wasn't anyone else in this particular theater). At first she was too shocked to know what to do, and just went out to think about it. A coworker approached her and asked her what was wrong, and my friend told her. So then this coworker goes inside to verify, comes out laughing hard enough to break one of her ribs, goes off to inform her supervisor who then personally goes into the theater to throw the couple out.

The young lovers left without any argument, but they were still all over each other even as they were leaving, and they continued their business out in the parking lot in their car. It was a cold night, so the windows got all steamed up, and the car was rocking every which way. My friend could still see and hear everything the couple were doing, and so could anyone else that happened to be walking by. The whole staff that night just stood outside, watching all of this, along with the supervisor. The police were never called, and it was all over in about 15 minutes.

That's hilarious. I wonder how many times that has been done in a theatre. I personally would never try it.

Recap of recent Cinema experiences in Monterrey:
THE HATEFUL EIGHT - Baby brought into cinema. Cried throughout. We complained - got 2 free tickets
ROOM - Persistent talking from the people behind us (we eventually told them to "shh" 3 times, obviously they didn't ****ing listen)
DEADPOOL - Fine
CAROL - 4 Phone Calls/Alarms going off (3 from woman in front of us, who ignored my "hey!" & 1 from the front of cinema which was answered)

EDIT: Most of this thread seems concerned with funny/shocking cinema theatre stories, but mine's just all about being pissed off.

,,,oh well, gotta rant somewhere!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Too many cellphones, ringing, texts, lights... Too many people talking...

I don't plan on going to the theaters anymore, unless I have the place to myself. I won't sit with animals again.

the reason theaters have boxed candy instead of bags is so that it makes less noise
so if you're going to smuggle in candy make sure you buy the box kind

I'm often disappointed by db level in theatres. Especially since half the audience ****ing talk during the movies ugh. So if it's some low assed level ********, I'll just wait. I won't pay major bucks to watch a film in BIG with tiny sound. **** that ****.
I will not go to a movie theater. Always always always get stuck in front of someone who will not stop talking.

You should join in their conversation as if you're part of the group, that'll weird them out enough that they will probably move.
LOL. You don't know Americans. Most likely they would invite me to sit with them.

You should join in their conversation as if you're part of the group, that'll weird them out enough that they will probably move.
I scared a guy out of a movie theater once. But he did a super weird thing so he deserved it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Most people around me in a theater are completely oblivious to a world 3" beyond their bubbled awareness. And I hate them all with an indescribable passion for ruining what has for most of my life been a *magical event.

*edited because "joyous" was a bit too twirly.

I scared a guy out of a movie theater once. But he did a super weird thing so he deserved it.
What was the weird thing?

One of the times i went to see The Dark Knight there was a dude masturbating the row behind us. It's really gross and i didn't even realize until a dude sitting in the row behind the masturbator confronted him and chased him out the cinema before telling us what happened. It was a really late showing near the end of its run so there was barely anyone there.

Wonder what got that dude going so much in The Dark Knight that he just had to do it then and there, hope it wasn't the back of our heads

Don't know if it's true today, but there used to be a lot of pervs in movie theaters. Especially in the daytime.

I'm often disappointed by db level in theatres. Especially since half the audience ****ing talk during the movies ugh. So if it's some low assed level ********, I'll just wait. I won't pay major bucks to watch a film in BIG with tiny sound. **** that ****.
I will not go to a movie theater. Always always always get stuck in front of someone who will not stop talking.
Stuck in front??? If I had (insert currency here) for every time I have a great seat when the trailers start, but by the time the movie has started I get the idiot latecomers who talk (or worse) sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!

He leaned over, and sucked the air directly above my friend's head. Through his mouth. He wasn't even subtle about it.
Uh, i don't know how to respond to that kind of weirdness or accept it's part of our reality so...

Stuck in front??? If I had (insert currency here) for every time I have a great seat when the trailers start, but by the time the movie has started I get the idiot latecomers who talk (or worse) sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!
How about the idiots behind you, riding the back of your seat with their feet?