What was the last horror film that scared you?

Tools    

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
I was pretty disappointed in The Babadook. For all it's hype and acclaim, I found it underwhelming and I hated the ending!

I really liked Oculus and It Follows. Two of the better horror films of the last 8 years.
Loved It Follows, need to watch Oculus. Love Babadook and Insidious as well. Saw Haven't seen sinister in a WHILE. but it really did disturb me, planning on re-watching soon. Just curious, what did you think of The Conjuring films?

Having been watching horrors since I was about ten (I'm now five days shy of 50), I'm pretty immune to scary films these days. It's nearly always a case of seeing the same old format over and over and being able to virtually predict where all the jumps are likely happen. Which is a shame because I love horrors but they don't have the desired effect on me anymore. But I did watch Autopsy of Jane Doe on Netflix recently and while It didn't scare me, I was surprised at how genuinely creepy it was.

I wish Sinister 2 would've been better.
Same here. I was pumped for that sequel but it really fell flat. Just couldn't regain the same dark vibe.

I love The Witch, could you point to me which Jump Scare you're referring to?
Yes:

WARNING: spoilers below
Black Phillip headbutting the father

Yes:

WARNING: spoilers below
Black Phillip headbutting the father
Great Jump Scare. Just a great sequence in general as well. Those last 15 minutes really shocked me.

I don't actually wear pants.
The only horror films to ever scare me are these:
IT (TV) (but it doesn't anymore)
Signs
Psycho '60 (although it doesn't really now)
Texas Chain Saw Massacre (the original) (I haven't seen any of the others)
The Village
Noroi The Curse
White: Melody of the Curse

IT (TV) (but it doesn't anymore)
I think I was about 12 when I saw it the first time round – certainly had some frightening moments. I'm interested to see the new version.

I don't actually wear pants.
I think I was about 12 when I saw it the first time round – certainly had some frightening moments. I'm interested to see the new version.
It's of similar quality, although the kids are obnoxious. Pennywise, again, is the best, if only good, part of the film. I don't think IT really translates onto the screen that well. The book is great, but the films haven't been, beyond Pennywise.

Watched Babadook today after seeing people mention it here. A serviceable horror movie, and I'll take it over Hereditary

Watched Babadook today after seeing people mention it here. A serviceable horror movie, and I'll take it over Hereditary

To me it's Essie Davis that takes it to another level. One of the best performances I've seen in recent years.

The last movie I watched was the " Afterlife " which really scared me and after that, I stopped watching horror movies. Today I got new twc internet internet connection today I am thinking to watch some new comedy video on internet.

To me it's Essie Davis that takes it to another level. One of the best performances I've seen in recent years.
Agree Essie made Babadook. She is a great actress. Did you see her in Miss Fisher Mysteries? To my knowledge she has never tried to crack Hollywood. She has made some Indies in the UK tho.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Essie was AMAZING! But so was Noah. So relaxed and unselfconcious infront of the camera. Lovely little boy.

The VVitch genuinely made me lose sleep. The ending shot in the forest still gets me whenever I’m alone in the dark.
Pair that with the screeching score and holy shhh.

Glad the thread was able to do that for you, I personally think it's an elevated horror film.

Essie was AMAZING! But so was Noah. So relaxed and unselfconcious infront of the camera. Lovely little boy.
Essie delivered one of the best horror performances of the last few years, she carried that film. Noah was amazing too, I can't fathom how a child can take such specific direction and do something so magnificent with it.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Essie delivered one of the best horror performances of the last few years, she carried that film. Noah was amazing too, I can't fathom how a child can take such specific direction and do something so magnificent with it.
Do you mean noahs acting in his horror scenes with her? If so

1.they had a very strong bond right from the outset
2.they were never in the same room during those scenes. Essie and Jen were very sensitive about that.

Oh man, i need a rewatch. Im so happy Jen tied it up so it could not become a hollyweird franchise. I hope to see more of her work!