Snapshots of History.

Tools    

Can you name the place, year, the guy in the 'helmet' -and the quote he made famous?
Good one lenslady. Thank you for contributing to the new game.

Has to be Neil Armstrong, 16 July 1969 . The Moon. "One Small Step For man One Giant Leap for Mankind". I was actually interviewed for our nitely news on the day of the landing. My only real claim to fame so to speak.

Clever. But no.

Anyone else?

Shoot !!! I answered a previous post again, I think the page 'slipped' if that makes any sense. - sorry spookie.

Well, you even remembered the date- how exciting to be interviewed on a day that changed humankind's earthbound history.

The crash of the Hindenberg?

Good one lenslady. Thank you for contributing to the new game.

Has to be Neil Armstrong, 16 July 1969 . The Moon. "One Small Step For man One Giant Leap for Mankind". I was actually interviewed for our nitely news on the day of the landing. My only real claim to fame so to speak.
Why were you interviewed, spookie? Was it like a man-on-the-street interview with someone asking, "What do you think of the moon landing?"

(I was 4.5 years old on that date!)

I'd like to know if you remembered anything from the interview? ( too early for vcr s I think)

VWhy were you interviewed, spookie? Was it like a man-on-the-street interview with someone asking, "What do you think of the moon landing?"

Yep. I was tongue-tired to be brutally honest. But managed to eventually blurt a few words along lines of " this is bloody amazing" woops.. I recall the journo (reporter) saying I will have to delete that before it hits the news. I was not much older than you Captain.

Clever. But no.

Anyone else?
Notioned it was too easy. Is it Buzz Aldrin? Didnt he play golf? Do not recall his famous quote.
Well now I seemed to have confused everyone🙄You got it right before spookie. This last quote of mine was a mix-up -wasn't meant to you. Slip up on my part.

Moving on-
Is it the blimp?

And do you remember anything from your claim to fame interview re moon landing? Enquiring minds wish to know

Well now I seemed to have confused everyone🙄You got it right before spookie. This last quote of mine was a mix-up -wasn't meant to you. Slip up on my part.

Moving on-
Is it the blimp?

And do you remember anything from your claim to fame interview re moon landing? Enquiring minds wish to know
I answered that earlier lenslady.. I was as nervous as anything when he said he was from Nine News. I sounded like a complete dork on the news.. copped heaps from my friends.
So it was Neil Armstrong after all. So my turn?

Moving on-
Is it the blimp?

No worries lenslady.. only teething problems. Hindenberg disaster it is. Recall the year and where it happened?

It was Neil Armstrong after all. So my turn.
Who is this man and why was he instrumental in bringing about a world catastrophe..

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Apparently he was a very famous guy, because Gavrilo Princip wanted to shoot a selfie with him, but back then they didn't have smartphones, so Gavrilo just plain shot him, and somehow started the first flame war... I mean world war... First World War.

I think Gavrilo confused him with the indie rock band Franz Ferdinand.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Franz Ferdinand, whose assassination prompted Austria to declare war on Serbia, precipitating WW 1.
And minio is correct, some indie band named themselves after this unlucky Royal. So his turn I guess.

Re your brush with greatness- spookie you wouldn't have been interviewed if the station thought you didn't have something worthwhile to say. Probably just adolescent nerves - and I bet your mates teased ya cause they were jealous. Fun for you a bit tho?

Franz Ferdinand, whose assassination prompted Austria to declare war on Serbia, precipitating WW 1.
And minio is correct, some indie band named themselves after this unlucky Royal. So his turn I guess.
Yes he did answer it in a round about ambiguous way. Sorry I cant give it to you lenslady. Yours Mr Minio.

Re your brush with greatness- spookie you wouldn't have been interviewed if the station thought you didn't have something worthwhile to say. Probably just adolescent nerves - and I bet your mates teased ya cause they were jealous. Fun for you a bit tho?
That is good of you to say so lenslady.

Give me the name of the place, the names of three people seen there and the point of their meeting.
Churchill, Roosevelt, Stalin. Was it the meeting for the plan of the invasion of Nazi Europe? Was the place Potsdam?