Mr. Robot

Tools    

Unregistered User
Anybody else watching this?

Season 3 Episode 5 was one of the most intense, meticulously crafted, brilliantly shot episodes of television I've ever seen.

I've been meaning to but never got started. You obviously recommend then?!
I've got Peaky Blinders and Better Call Saul to watch so I'll maybe give it a go after I finish that.

I've been meaning to but never got started. You obviously recommend then?!
I've got Peaky Blinders and Better Call Saul to watch so I'll maybe give it a go after I finish that.
It's very very good. The attention to detail is fantastic in terms of the technology used and described. I like it because I'm a bit of a nerd and I love seeing how the theories interact with different bits of technology. I'd say that if you're into tech, conspiracy theories, the nature of capitalism, global politics / current affairs etc you'd like it. Season 2 packs a heck of a reveal but then slows to a crawl at the end.

However, the episode I have just watched is season 3 episode 5. And even after 48 hours I still believe it's one of the greatest episodes of tv I've ever seen. There is a sort of whole Children of Men / True Detective ultra-long take going on throughout the episode. I'd say to people not planning to watch the show, to dig out the episode. It's very cleverly done, even if it's not exactly one single long take. It's just so tense.

Unregistered User
It's very very good. The attention to detail is fantastic in terms of the technology used and described. I like it because I'm a bit of a nerd and I love seeing how the theories interact with different bits of technology. I'd say that if you're into tech, conspiracy theories, the nature of capitalism, global politics / current affairs etc you'd like it. Season 2 packs a heck of a reveal but then slows to a crawl at the end.

However, the episode I have just watched is season 3 episode 5. And even after 48 hours I still believe it's one of the greatest episodes of tv I've ever seen. There is a sort of whole Children of Men / True Detective ultra-long take going on throughout the episode. I'd say to people not planning to watch the show, to dig out the episode. It's very cleverly done, even if it's not exactly one single long take. It's just so tense.

I'm not sure it sounds like my kind of thing then. Is it dark?

I'm not sure it sounds like my kind of thing then. Is it dark?
Quite dark. It's centred on the collapse of global economy through hacking and deceit. With a bit of psychological drama and murder in there too.

A system of cells interlinked
SOOOOOO good. I had avoided this thread until we got at least part way caught up. We just finished episode 6 of season 3 last night. This is season is fantastic so far!

I watched the first two seasons. One of the best US TV shows in many years.
Season 3 is the best of the lot (so far). The Direction of this show is absolutely fantastic. The opening homages, the back to the future references, the easter eggs hidden in every episode.

Absolutely superb.

Finished Season 3 last night, was really great. I completely adored the First Season but i found the first half of Season 2 pretty weak which put me off a bit even though the second half was great. The weird thing about the show is i think i see pretty much every twist coming way in advance and it doesn't effect my enjoyment due to the excellent direction, writing, performances. Malek, Slater, Wallstrom and Cannavale (weird since he plays a cheesy character) especially, also like Chalkin and Cristofer quite a bit. Think Portia Doubleday is inconsistent i found myself really not caring about her breakdown in the second half of the Season, just wanted the show to return to Elliott/Mr Robot or the FBI or whatever. Also the Chinese characters are awful, i don't really find them that important overall despite them being the big villains, they represent the elites/system that seems impossible to overcome and quite a bit of the focus in their storyline is on Cannavale and the dude Elliott was in prison with thankfully. Really wish the bringing people back thing was just something White Rose made up to manipulate Angela though, her actually believing in it seems very "mystic chinese" to me which is an absurd trope for a show today to be delving into and i kinda wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be real in some way i mean it's just a supernatural version of F Societies original goal to destroy E Corp. I actually considered the young blonde girl being Angela, hope that's not the case. That could have been used to explain how White Rose could have managed to manipulate her so easily, admittedly it's very implausible that she'd not know that's not her but then we are obviously supposed to believe this intelligent woman was in a fragile enough mental state that she believed White Rose was going to bring her mother back from the dead. Wouldn't rule out an Angela has been told to do all this by White Rose twist yet either, really hope it doesn't go there either there's been enough of that sort of thing it's starting to become ridiculous.

That episode with Elliott and Trenton's brother was so impeccably placed, i think the amped up tone shift in Season 1 with Elliott's overdose episode was incredible but the other one that came to mind that was only brief (not even a whole episode) like Trenton's brother ep: that weird Sitcom one with Alf was pretty bad. The Trenton's bro ep came at a time when there was just so much constant tension and angst, halting that for pretty much a self contained calm episode (although continuing various themes) was so perfect. I mean Episode 6 is a masterpiece but i honestly think that episode might stick with me more.

Anyway, loving the show again. I'm hoping it ends either next Season or goes just one more, i think as much as i like it this show has strong potential of becoming very sucky and i think that would be a great shame as it can be incredible.