Glass

Tools    

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/m-nigh...opsis-revealed

"Universal Pictures has released a film description for the upcoming M. Night Shyamalan movie, Glass, which is a sequel to last year's hit movie Split and related to the 2000 Unbreakable movie.Here is the official description:

Release date: January 18, 2019

Genre: Comic-Book Thriller

Cast: Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, James McAvoy, Anya Taylor-Joy

Written and Directed by: M. Night Shyamalan

Produced by: M. Night Shyamalan, Jason Blum, Ashwin Rajan, Marc Bienstock

Executive Producer: Steven Schneider

M. Night Shyamalan brings together the narratives of two of his standout originals—2000's Unbreakable and last year's Split—in one explosive, all-new comic-book thriller: Glass.

From Unbreakable, Bruce Willis returns as David Dunn as does Samuel L. Jackson as Elijah Price, known also by his pseudonym Mr. Glass. Joining from Split are James McAvoy, reprising his role as Kevin Wendell Crumb and the multiple identities who reside within, and Anya Taylor-Joy as Casey Cooke, the only captive to survive an encounter with The Beast.

Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb's superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

This riveting culmination of his worldwide blockbusters will be produced by Shyamalan and Jason Blum, who also produced the writer/director's previous two films for Universal. They produce again with Ashwin Rajan and Marc Bienstock, and Steven Schneider, who will executive produce."

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Very excited about seeing James McAvoy again in this role

I did some searching and no other site mentions this. So for now I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But, if it turns out to be legit then I'd be over the moon.

Here are some plot details from the trailer. Avoid if you'd rather wait for said trailer.  

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Early prediction:

WARNING: "Glass, maybe" spoilers below
...Dunn will have to join forces (or otherwise win one of them over at the very end) to defeat the other. I'd lean towards it being Elijah as the convert, particularly given the title.

Early prediction:

...Dunn will have to join forces (or otherwise win one of them over at the very end) to defeat the other. I'd lean towards it being Elijah as the convert, particularly given the title.
WARNING: "Glass" spoilers below
No doubt. I'm guessing this is the story of Elijah's redemption. Awesome!

I rewatched Unbreakable last year and though I always liked it, it struck me something deep this time. As did The Sixth Sense (even moreso). Both are absolutely superb films.

Unbreakable is great but Split was awful imo

Addition to earlier spoiler-tagged theory:

As Swan said, this could be the story of Elijah's redemption. And Unbreakable almost seems to be setup in advance to make that move. The film opens with him, not with David. And the title has a new meaning retroactively, referring to him and not David, if and when he triumphs over his brokenness. It's not about a mean who can't be broken. It's about a man who is broken and puts himself back together.

This just makes way too much sense. I'm all-in on this theory and now I wanna rewatch Unbreakable to see what else can be reevaluated and maybe write a whole flippin' essay before Glass even comes out.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
People want to harp on M.Night for being a terrible director. But this is simply false. The man is a fantastic director with every frame in a shot having meaning. I hate that hes been known as the guy who writes twists because it pigeonholed his career.

I won't defend Last Airbender though or After Earth, but just acknowledge that the bigger the budget, the more terrible the film is. That's why I think Split worked in his favour, he got back to his roots and made it about the writing, the pacing, the acting and direction. He's not distracted by the CGI vomit.

Suspect's Reviews

This just makes way too much sense. I'm all-in on this theory and now I wanna rewatch Unbreakable to see what else can be reevaluated and maybe write a whole flippin' essay before Glass even comes out.

5 words (and a dash just left of middle)

Podcast Special - The Shyamalan Trilogy

Addition to earlier spoiler-tagged theory:

As Swan said, this could be the story of Elijah's redemption. And Unbreakable almost seems to be setup in advance to make that move. The film opens with him, not with David. And the title has a new meaning retroactively, referring to him and not David, if and when he triumphs over his brokenness. It's not about a mean who can't be broken. It's about a man who is broken and puts himself back together.
Love it! I'm going with this theory too.

People want to harp on M.Night for being a terrible director. But this is simply false. The man is a fantastic director with every frame in a shot having meaning. I hate that hes been known as the guy who writes twists because it pigeonholed his career.

I won't defend Last Airbender though or After Earth, but just acknowledge that the bigger the budget, the more terrible the film is. That's why I think Split worked in his favour, he got back to his roots and made it about the writing, the pacing, the acting and direction. He's not distracted by the CGI vomit.
Agreed with all this.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
People want to harp on M.Night for being a terrible director. But this is simply false.

It was all a Robot Chicken smear campaign!

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Rumour has it Will Smith really took over in terms of directing in After Earth. I think he can be a great director but he needs to know his films don’t always need to have a twist.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Rumour has it Will Smith really took over in terms of directing in After Earth. I think he can be a great director but he needs to know his films don’t always need to have a twist.
The 6th Sense, Unbreakable and The Village were the only films with a twist until his career took a nosedive and he went back to that formula with The Visit and Split. Although people argue if the ending to Split is even a twist or not.