Jonathan Demme RIP

Tools    

Sadly departed. He gave us Philadelphia, Silence of the Lambs, The Manchurian Candidate.

Also directed Springsteen's Streets of Philadelphia music video that accompanied the movie

Now he's with his brother
RIP Mr. Demme.
Thanks for all the great movies.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Damn, that's too bad. Not really a fan of any of his films but then i've not seen much by him. Was actually planning on watching Stop Making Sense soon after listening to the Talking Heads recently.

RIP

This might just do nobody any good.
Oh, no.

He was great. Always blew my mind that the guy who made Married to the Mob also directed Silence of the Lambs.

That kind of versatility is rare.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

RIP to a talented director.

Strange because just last week I watched The Master Builder, which by the way is a superb film.

~Groundhog Day~

The truth is in here
Jesus, this is just terrible.

I only saw Silence Of The Lambs, but that was a really great film which I could see no other direct than Demme.

R.I.P. to a brilliant director.

So sorry to hear about the death of Jonathan Demme...for my money, he created a legacy with his work on Philadelphia, but it was Silence of the Lambs that won him the Oscar (a film I found slightly overrated, but I digress). Also loved Rachel Getting Married and Married to the Mob. This is a great loss. RIP.