What's your favorite Back to the Future movie?

Tools    

Which one?
65.38%
17 votes
Back to the Future
26.92%
7 votes
Back to the Future Part II
7.69%
2 votes
Back to the Future Part III
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I might have to say that I possibly like part 3 the best as well, or at least it is very close call between that and the first. I was actually disappointed in the second. It's fun as a kid, but as an adult, it doesn't feel like it goes with the other two, cause the other two are romantic comedy drama time travel stories, and the second is much more along the lines of a fast paced thriller, and it feels out of tone with the other two for me.

I'm actually surprised how low the 3rd one is rated, what is so much lesser about that one?

I enjoyed them all, which is tough to say for a trilogy or series or whatever label one gives it. They watch very as a marathon too. It shows that everyone involved had a good time making this movie and the acting is natural and fun to watch. If I had to choose a favorite it would be number 1, but that in no way takes away from the others as they are great too.

I think the first is the best but I have seen it so many times I actually enjoy the third most. I agree with Raven about the train scene and as in the original, there are lots of humorous reactions by the characters to differences between the (then) present and time period being visited. The tone of the second one does seem off. It's more of a broad farce, with people in makeup that don't look quite real.

If you think about it, John, they went "back to the future" in every one of them. In the first, 1950s Doc helped Marty get back to the future (1985). In the second, Doc took Marty and Jennifer back with him to the future and later Marty returned to the future (1985) again from 1955. And in the third, Doc again helps Marty get back to the future from 1885.