Best films about loneliness?

Tools    

Castaway

BOOM.!!!! Who saw that coming!!!
Cast Away seems like a logical addition to this list, but the more I think about it, I wonder if the movie is really about loneliness...it seems like it should be, but I don't know...

For me definitely "Limits of Control". You can feel the lonliness through the screen.

Did anyone mention 'Into The Wild'..I cant see it anywhere in the thread.

Castaway

BOOM.!!!! Who saw that coming!!!
I was surprised no one mentioned it sooner.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I saw Castaway when it first came out, but I remember the loneliness after he lost his volleyball, which wasn't silly considering the circumstances, though the smiley face was kinda funny

Love Liza (2002)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Cast Away seems like a logical addition to this list, but the more I think about it, I wonder if the movie is really about loneliness...it seems like it should be, but I don't know...
He loses his mind when his imaginary "ball" friend gets washed away, so yeah

Last time I saw "Fisher King" and one hero Lyida said that she is very lonely. She said this while she was with Anne at manicoure.

Half Nelson (2006)

Not a Ryan Gosling fan, but I think he is more than believable in a role of drug-addicted grade school teacher who slowly, but consistently drifts away from everyone around him and himself. Rightly received an Oscar-nod for this one. And although I often find myself really skeptical about completely inexperienced kid actors in major roles, Shareeka Epps did a great job.

A much better selection is Castaway on the Moon which features an incredibly lonely, agoraphobic woman. She is isolated emotionally.

The protagonist is a man that is isolated physically.
Really great film. My favorite moon movie..

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Harry and Tonto - definitely.. Not just a great movie, about an old man who has to evacuate his apartment, finds himself staying a bit with his kids, but sees it's not working, so it's just him and his best friend, his cat Tonto...

Taxi Driver, Shame, I would add The Wrestler as well. Whoever mentioned Lost in Translation I would agree - both main characters got partners and friends and are surrounded by people yet they all feel alone.

The Mad Max films probably qualify as having a theme of lonliness

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
The first one to instantly pop into my head is "Mona Lisa". Then I would probably say "Marty" and "Lars and the Real Girl".