Foreign Language Hall of Fame

Tools    

While we are still waiting on a couple of write-ups to be posted ( Benny's Video from @Okay, Entre Nos and The Saragossa Manuscript from @ScarletLion ), I do now have everyone's lists.

So, for the reveal: what times in EST (since it's the easiest for me to convert from) tomorrow or Sunday would be most convenient for everyone? I can also just post the results as soon as I get everything sorted, but that seems a little unceremonious haha.

Since I've triple checked the maths now, I can teasingly reveal some facts to tide you guys over until the reveal:
  • There are only 2 points separating first from second.
  • There are also only 2 points separating third from fourth.
  • There was one tie, which was broken by the film's highest placement on an individual list.
  • Two films tied for my newly coined "widest spread" award by ranking both first and last on individual lists.
Feel free to speculate.

I have around half of the graphs done now. They don't take long at all but I am quite tired since it's been a long day (and it's soon bedtime for me anyway). So I'll finish these in the morning and do the reveal... sometime after then, depending on what the preferences are.

It would be nice to have those missing reviews posted before then, even if it's just a line or two.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Very good description of Phoenix, @MijaFrost regarding the main character's mindset. Very spot on!
And if you enjoy Pan's, there's a good chance you'll enjoy Shape of Water as well.

Glad to hear how much you've enjoyed yourself, @Luis and, considering you went with Pan's as your first HoF, I'm VERY curious to see what you'll nominate in future ones!!

Cosmic, do the reveal whenever it suits you we'll be here! Looking forward to it

There are only 2 points separating first from second.
I wish JJ had staid in, I could have used his vote

There are also only 2 points separating third from fourth
That's close again, no idea which of those it might be?

There was one tie, which was broken by the film's highest placement on an individual list.
I bet that was me who placed the film high. I can't say which film, but I placed someone else's nom as my #1,

Two films
tied for my newly coined "widest spread" award by ranking both first and last on individual lists.
Ha, I bet I was one with it last on my list.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'll be around late afternoon, evening, so anytime you're ready will work great for me.

Intrigued by the teasers and how close 1-4 came to each other.

I did end up finishing the graphs last night before heading to bed, so everything is pretty much ready to go. I have some things to do this morning, so the absolute earliest I would do the reveal is closer to lunch time. But I can do early to mid-afternoon if people will be around then. No one really has to be online for the reveal, but it's more fun if there are.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
I'm thinking sometime between 12:30pm and 1:30pm EST. If you guys would prefer something a little later, let me know before then.

@Citizen Rules @Okay @edarsenal @Ultraviolence @ScarletLion @cricket @Thursday Next @Nemanja @Siddon @Luis @MijaFrost
Works perfectly fine for me, will be refreshing every 5 ish minutes starting at 12:30

Now that we've all successfully completed the Hall of Fame, it's time to reveal the results! I'd like to thank everyone who actively participated or just followed the reviews in the thread. This was my first time hosting a HoF, and it's been a great experience. We had some first-timers here, and I hope to see all of you guys in future HoFs. Now without further ado, let's get on with the results!

PARTICIPANTS:
@Citizen Rules
@CosmicRunaway
@cricket
@edarsenal
@Luis
@MijaFrost
@Nemanja
@Okay
@ScarletLion
@Siddon
@Thursday Next
@Ultraviolence

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reveal Header.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	46295  

Twelfth Place:

Samsara (2001)
Nominated By: MijaFrost

48 Points

The film also has really powerful sound editing - every rustle of wind and meander of river was captured perfectly and drove home the setting brilliantly.
A life of solitude without experience does not create wisdom, and running away from character-building experiences back towards solitude is an act of cowardice, not courage.

Points Awarded:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsara-Chart.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	46296