Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

We should have a 30's HoF after we've had time to watch some of that decade's movies but in time for it to be over before we have to submit our lists for the countdown.
Absolutely...I'd like to have at least two 30s Hofs, before the countdown deadline is up. I believe we had three 50s Hofs to support the 50s countdown and it did help.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I have an idea for a HOF, although maybe it just interests me.

2nd chance Hall of Fame.

Where only films that have been nominated previously are in the HOF, to give them another shot at winning.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'd join a Second Chance HoF.

Would that also include films that were nominated but later disqualified because whoever picked it was unable to finish?
I'd be ok with it.

2nd chance Hall of Fame.

Where only films that have been nominated previously are in the HOF, to give them another shot at winning.
Sounds good to me. There's been a lot of great films nominated over the years. Just look at the 2nd post on this thread for a list of them all.

But the one rule I would recommend is NOT nominating what you previously nominated.
Didn't like one of my previous noms?...Joking. Yeah that does make sense as a rule. Sounds like a fun idea for an Hof, you should run it.

2nd chance Hall of Fame.

Would the nominations be from the past Main Hofs?....or from all past Hofs (special and main)? I kinda think noms from the past Main Hofs would be the way to go.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Seco

Hello.
My name is Ed,
and I am a Hall of Fame Addict.

With the three ongoing wrapping up, is there anyone feeling like starting up one in the beginning of August?
I know Raul had a great idea of a Second Chance HoF (though I don't want to pressure him to do a back to back since he's hosting the 16th right now) and, depending on time before the 30's Countdown, there may be enough time to run a tiny grouped one. . . though at Sept 30 deadline, that IS rather close.
There's also Cricket's idea of Recommendation HoF with Cricket preferring someone host, if possible. . .

So ---

oh, and if need be, I can step into Hosting shoes for something or other as well. No real preference for what.

Hello.
My name is Ed,
and I am a Hall of Fame Addict.
Glad to meet you Ed.

I'm CR and I'm a Hall of Fame Addict too The only cure is to feed the addiction, because quitting cold turkey is for the birds

I liked Raul's idea of a Second Chance Hof. Like you said, no rush on Raul but whenever he wants to do it, I'll join.

I liked Cricket's idea of Recommendation HoF, that one sounds unique. I forgot the details like how it was to be scored. It might be good to come up with a new clever name for it as it's not the same scoring as HoF and needs it's own category on this thread, but yeah great idea!

I liked to see another 1930s Hof get going. It should be able to finish before the 30s countdown deadline of Sept 30th. I think it's doable with a smaller group and a shorter time limit on how long the movies can be, say under 2.5 hours. There would be 8 weeks to do it, so that should be enough time.

Glad to meet you Ed.

I'm CR and I'm a Hall of Fame Addict too The only cure is to feed the addiction, because quitting cold turkey is for the birds

I liked Raul's idea of a Second Chance Hof. Like you said, no rush on Raul but whenever he wants to do it, I'll join.

I liked Cricket's idea of Recommendation HoF, that one sounds unique. I forgot the details like how it was to be scored. It might be good to come up with a new clever name for it as it's not the same scoring as HoF and needs it's own category on this thread, but yeah great idea!

I liked to see another 1930s Hof get going. It should be able to finish before the 30s countdown deadline of Sept 30th. I think it's doable with a smaller group and a shorter time limit on how long the movies can be, say under 2.5 hours. There would be 8 weeks to do it, so that should be enough time.
Hello FELLOW ADDICT!!

From what I remember there was recommendations made to each member by everyone and they watched those specific ones and voted on them. Making multiple final lists and, perhaps, a grand winner of Most #1 Recommendations.
I think that was the WIP gist of it. Everyone was still putting in suggestions on the details thereof.

And yeah, getting a small, short 30s would work and, whenever Raul is up for the recommendations one since I do remember a lot of folks being interested in that one.

Hello FELLOW ADDICT!!

From what I remember there was recommendations made to each member by everyone and they watched those specific ones and voted on them. Making multiple final lists and, perhaps, a grand winner of Most #1 Recommendations.
I think that was the WIP gist of it. Everyone was still putting in suggestions on the details thereof.
ahh, that rings a bell. We should call it that Grand Slam, it has a nice ring to it. Ha, I used ring twice, wasn't even trying too.