'Dark' [Netflix]

Tools    

Watched the whole of Dark over a couple of days , absolutely loved it. I'm so glad I started, and continued watching without knowing or seeking any internet explanations. I thought it was just a murder mystery. Well recommended.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Dark season two will be released on 21st June 2019

Nice! The end of season 1 still feels so wild that it was almost as if they only wanted to make one season and threw something crazy in there (though not really explaining the Priest character suggests otherwise, of course). Be interesting to see where they go with this. Just an ever-widening loop?

Interesting that it is so close to the release of S2 of ST. I need to know how much thought went into that Good or bad, it is always compared to ST.

I'm with you on season 2. Was it lightning in a bottle, will this turn out like Lost, or did they have a plan from the beginning?

Awesome.

I watched the director of Dark's feature film 'The Silence' (2010). It's a German mystery murder thriller. It has a couple of parallels with Dark that I won't spoil. It's a very good watch.

CopyPasta

WARNING: "S1 deet in relation to dates pertaining to announcement and release of S2" spoilers below

The *release* date is significant in terms of the series itself: 21st June 2019 is the date when 'Michael Kahnwald' committed suicide, leaving a message for his 'son' Jonas which started the whole series off (if you've watched the first season, you'll understand why we're being a bit cagey the names and family relations here).

Perhaps incidentally, perhaps deliberately, Netflix also chose to confirm the release date on the anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster (26th April). With the nuclear plant in Winden playing a significant role of the events of Dark, the timing seems telling.

FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY!

coming to an internet masheeen near you!

Gah, too soon. This really feels like a show I need to rewatch the previous season of to appreciate the next, but I also think it might drag a little a second time through. Hmm. Might just pick a few.

I thought about it, but I just can't make the time. On the bright side, I will be running to the internet looking for answers anyways.

What an excellent day for an exorcism
I have no good reason why I kept scrolling past this series in the Netflix menu. I've been reading good word about it besides here. But I saw above a new season is around the corner, so I might way till it's released to binge the whole shibang.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm four episodes into the second season. There is a 3-4 minute recap of season one in the beginning of the first episode that helped a lot. And still I was wishing for a chart of names/relationships/whether or not these people are friends or enemies with other people.

They're reeeeeeally mashing up the time travel stuff. Lots of head games.

I will be there in a week. If I don't watch it this weekend, I've got a trip coming and I'm gonna dL all the eps to carry with me.

Just finished Season 2. This is without doubt one of the greatest television programmes ever made. It is also one of the best time travel tale's ever, and I'd include all movies in that too.

Utterly amazing television.