Snapshots of History.

Tools    

My photo of war destruction is a major port. Hence the WWII bombing.

Orson are you good with combining Snapshots and Silver Screen?

Snapshots has been moving along nicely since I was last on.

Orson are you good with combining Snapshots and Silver Screen?

Snapshots has been moving along nicely since I was last on.
I'm still not sure what you guys mean by combing the two threads? But sure I'll give it a try

Combining Snapshots and Silver Screen threads. If not mistaken that was what Doc was proposing.

Combining Snapshots and Silver Screen threads. If not mistaken that was what Doc was proposing.
It was just a thought, since each thread individually is not attracting many participants.

Of the two, I prefer The Silver Screen thread since it's apropos. The Snapshots of History is getting tougher to find quality subjects. And sometimes a post could qualify for either thread.

So it occurred to me to combine the two into a single thread. I don't know if it would have to be title updated to indicate the combination, or whether one might just be left to die on the vine. But at any rate, I thought to just throw it out there to see if there would be any interest. It's up to the posters and to the moderator.

~Doc

My photo of war destruction is a major port. Hence the WWII bombing.
I will say Hamburg as that is a port. Is Dresden a port. That was almost totally obliterated by Allied bombing.

Here would be an example of a combination Silver Screen/Snapshots of History question. In this particular one, two pictures are used for comparison.

The second pic is the studio today. The first pic is the studio as it appeared in a 1921, also capturing a rare snow fall in Hollywood. Whose studio was it? In the first picture you can see the dormer on which the statue appears in the second picture...

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	20c08734681e666c238f62133f9c71a9--vintage-california-jim-henson.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	46271   Click image for larger version

Name:	charlie_chaplin.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	46272  

@GulfportDoc, 1st photo was Chaplin’s studio, which is now the Jim Henson studio.

@Citizen Rules, very close, you’re in the right county - Lancashire - but starts with “L”.

@GulfportDoc, 1st photo was Chaplin’s studio, which is now the Jim Henson studio.

@Citizen Rules, very close, you’re in the right county - Lancashire - but starts with “L”.
That was going to be my only guess...Liverpool. I hope that's right because I don't know any more British port cities.

Right you are. I've posted the Chaplin studios before, but I wanted to illustrate an example of a post that could be either Silver Screen, or Snapshots/history. But I'm going to let the combo issue lay.

What decision was made here on 4/29/93 & has continued ever since?
Whether or not to change the color of the flowers from red, white, and blue to something else?...

Well, that's Buckingham Palace, but it's tough to say what decision was made there on that date. It must involve the Royal Family, or something like it.