Y: The Last Man

Tools    

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-order-1100179

"More than a year after tapping Michael Green as showrunner and nearly three after landing at FX, the basic cable network is moving full steam ahead with its adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan's beloved comic book series Y: The Last Man.

FX on Thursday announced that it has handed out a formal pilot order and enlisted Aida Mashaka Croal (Jessica Jones, Turn) to serve as co-showrunner alongside Green, with Melina Matsoukas (Insecure, Master of None, Beyonce: Formation) on board to direct the highly anticipated drama.

Y: The Last Man ranks as one of the most critically acclaimed comic book series of all time. The DC Comics/Vertigo title was first launched in 2002 and revolves around Yorick Brown — the last surviving human with a Y chromosome — and his Capuchin monkey, Ampersand. The series follows escape artist Yorick after a mysterious plague as he sets out to find what might have wiped out the male chromosome. The series, written and created by Vaughan and artist Pia Guerra, ran for 60 issues and has been collected in multiple graphic novels. Here's FX's formal description of the potential series: "All of the men are dead. But one. Y traverses a world of women — exploring gender, race, class and survival."

Green and Croal will co-showrun and exec produce alongside Matsoukas, Color Force's Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson (FX's American Crime Story and Pose), and Vaughan. The team has been working for months on the script, with FX pulling the trigger on the pilot order."

This might just do nobody any good.
Series cast just dropped.
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/y-t...mpression=true

Barry Keoghan (The Killing of a Sacred Deer) will play Yorick, Diane Lane and Imogen Poots will play his mother and sister, Hero and Jennifer, and Lashana Lynch is Agent 355.

Y traverses a world of women — exploring gender, race, class and survival."
I suppose that's all I need to know to about this one. At least they're honest about it and save me the trouble of actually watching an episode.

Welcome to the human race...
^wuss

Anyway, I read the whole run of the comics and liked them quite a bit so I'll be interested in seeing how this turns out, though I never would've picked the weird kid from Sacred Deer for Yorick. Guess I'll have to see if he can pull it off.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I actually bought a volume (omnibus, even, maybe) for my older brother a couple years back. I never read it myself, but I am a big fan of Brian Vaughan's Saga graphic novel series.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
^wuss

Anyway, I read the whole run of the comics and liked them quite a bit so I'll be interested in seeing how this turns out, though I never would've picked the weird kid from Sacred Deer for Yorick. Guess I'll have to see if he can pull it off.
I concur on the casting decision. Seems odd, but let's see if he can pull it off.

Actually interested in seeing this series.

Suspect's Reviews