Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

The Square. I did make it 53 minutes before bailing.. But if this film is intended as a satire, someone really ought to make a satire of the satire.

~Doc

Interesting true story from WWII, but terribly dull movie.

Only thing worse than an American comedy is a French comedy.

Also answers to Jabba
There is only one film I couldn't finish and had to turn off. Crank 2. I mean I disliked the first one so I don't remember why I would even want to give this one a shot, but the whole thing was ridiculous from start to...well to the point I watched.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
There is only one film I couldn't finish and had to turn off. Crank 2. I mean I disliked the first one so I don't remember why I would even want to give this one a shot, but the whole thing was ridiculous from start to...well to the point I watched.
Those movies are utterly ridiculous. I loved the first 2. From memory the third went over the cliff

I thought I'd hate them but didn't precisely because they were so over the top. Having Mike Patton do the soundtrack to the second was like signalling they were going whole nut. Crazy fun.

Why do I torture myself with never-ending Woody Allen movies? It’s literally decades since I’ve seen a decent movie from him.
Am I the only person on the planet who liked this movie?

Why do I torture myself with never-ending Woody Allen movies? It’s literally decades since I’ve seen a decent movie from him.
Am I the only person on the planet who liked this movie?
Yes....

I haven't heard anyone else like Cafe Society BUT you both should watch Woody Allen's latest film, Wonder Wheel. I loved it.

I don't know what he means by never-ending...Woody's movies very rarely run over 90 minutes.
What I meant by “never-ending” was that Allen keeps churning out movies. Nothing to do with the duration of his movies.

Yes....

I haven't heard anyone else like Cafe Society BUT you both should watch Woody Allen's latest film, Wonder Wheel. I loved it.
It’s in my Netflix Q.

What I meant by “never-ending” was that Allen keeps churning out movies. Nothing to do with the duration of his movies.

It’s in my Netflix Q.
Very curious as to what you'll think of Wonder Wheel. Do you have an ETA for it? Maybe you could watch it tonight so I don't have to wait so long to find out what you thought

Very curious as to what you'll think of Wonder Wheel. Do you have an ETA for it? Maybe you could watch it tonight so I don't have to wait so long to find out what you thought
It’s #180 in my Q & I never shuffle my Q. 😎

This might just do nobody any good.
Imo, even though they’re only about 90 min., most 21st Century Allen is a chore to get through.

Midnight in Paris notwithstanding.

The truth is in here
This thread makes me sad. Not because people don't finish movies, I have definitely been guilty. But why they turn them off and how quickly. Like people are turning off films ten minutes in because they think they won't like them. My mind can't grasp that.
It's rare I ever turn off movies, and even more so that I do in the first 10 minutes. But there is one exception. After being bombarded with atrocious acting right away, I turned off My Sassy Girl even when Elisha Cuthbert was about to appear. It's very sad, I love the gal. I could always return to it later on I guess.

I didn't finish For Love Or Money and That's My Boy, but it wasn't until about 45 minutes in each. The former was too boring, the second was so bad I couldn't take it anymore.

It's easy for a movie to give you the wrong impression at first, so even if a bad start usually means the movie isn't going to be good overall, it's happened once in a while it improved later on. Maps To The Stars was a real drag at first, but after 30 minutes or so it really started to find its footing.

I was trying to prove that I could watch this several-hours-long movie in its entirety. Bailed out after an hour. A lot of trouble was taken with the production & it is a spectacle in the best sense of the word, but so boring. I was not engaged with any of the characters & even after an hour, there wasn’t much of a story being told.

This might just do nobody any good.
Yeah, this is bound to get ire but Heaven’s Gate is a chore.

Walken’s good tho.