Tiger King : Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix)

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Watched this with the wife over the weekend. Good, but not great. Disliked pretty much everyone involved. I was raised in rural Southern AZ, so people like this weren't that alien to me, unfortunately. Somewhat entertaining, but probably in the bottom half of the documentaries I have seen, quality-wise. Also - if Joe Exotic is a libertarian, I think I need to reassess my party affiliation...

Account terminated on request
@tgm1024

As much as I dislike Joe Exotic, I actually have to agree with him that the enclosures that many of the cats at Big Cat Rescue are kept in are too small. I used to sometimes watch BCR's youtube channel - long before I knew who Joe Exotic is - but I stopped because I was bothered by the size of the enclosures.
I rifled through some pictures from her compound, and looked through BCR by fast forwarding, and the pens that I saw were small were for showing/feeding/documenting/veterinarian purposes, not for some kind of long term storage.

Do you have a picture of what you mean? I'd really like to see it.

The picture that Joe Exotic was showing in that ridiculous video of his was a feeding alcove. Just a safe place where no other cats can fight their way in.

Talking to the caretakers of various zoos and natural habitat zoos is interesting. They need to tightly regulate each animal's diet often. They also need to make sure that the smallest doesn't lose out on food.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Watched this with the wife over the weekend. Good, but not great. Disliked pretty much everyone involved.
There's a definite "icky" factor to it, as my wife would probably say.

I was raised in rural Southern AZ, so people like this weren't that alien to me, unfortunately. Somewhat entertaining, but probably in the bottom half of the documentaries I have seen, quality-wise. Also - if Joe Exotic is a libertarian, I think I need to reassess my party affiliation...
Hah! I have family in AZ, and they have a story or two of such people. But not as many stories as from the friends I have in North and South Carolina.

Oh brother. That's definitely hobnobbing with the great unwashed......

To give you a fun little story. 35 years ago, my wife got her master's degree at UVA, Charlottesville, VA. It's an odd oasis of education in a sea of hicks. To give you a sense, one of the professors pointed out that there is a road there called Rio Road. It's actually pronounced "rye-oh" over there. But that's not the funny part. It was called that because many decades prior it was originally the old route 10, and the sign was R.10.

One thought I kept having though as I saw ep1:

Aren't there any dentists in Florida?

A system of cells interlinked
Hah! I have family in AZ, and they have a story or two of such people. But not as many stories as from the friends I have in North and South Carolina.
Can confirm. I lived in Spruce Pine NC for about a year back in the 70s. I was just a wee lad, but I do recall some seriously backwoods type characters in that tiny mountain town...

Yeah, the meth explains a lot. How he kept getting these guys to marry him, how poor everyone's judgment is, etc.
That, too, but I was referring more specifically to meth mouth.

Yeah, same, was just adding to that. They talk about the meth briefly, but the more you think about it the more you realize it's probably responsible for most of what happens.

But it really is a perfect test to just watch the first 10-15 minutes of the first episode. You'll know right away.
Interesting to read Larry David saying he found eppy 1 to be “disturbing” & he could barely finish it.

Just finished sitting through this, and there are parts that are deeply disturbing. I went from raging at the animal welfare, to incredulous at the mental ****ers on it, to pishing myself at the mad ****er making they country videos!

Never seen as many rockets on the one programme.

Just finished sitting through this, and there are parts that are deeply disturbing. I went from raging at the animal welfare, to incredulous at the mental ****ers on it, to pishing myself at the mad ****er making they country videos!

Never seen as many rockets on the one programme.
Rockets?

Scottish slang, sorry. Could've used numpties instead, I guess, lol.
I would say "wtf is a numpty?," but I already googled it. Replacing one slang word with another doesn't really help.

Scottish slang, sorry. Could've used numpties instead, I guess, lol.
You're Scottish? What, that's like Irish, right?

(author runs for cover)......

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Always great to hear stuff like this. Makes you wonder why so many people go down there to go to school and live there. Pretty much just a side-show carnival of circus freaks.

I still get such posts from you as totally blank (the twitter link):

My adbocker is turned off too. Dunno know what's going on.

Only in firefox though. Chrome works.

I still get such posts from you as totally blank (the twitter link):

My adbocker is turned off too. Dunno know what's going on.
Last time I had someone report this it turned out there was just another browser plugin which did something different but behaved the same way on the technical side. If you try it with plugins temporarily turned off, that should give us more information.

I'm also assuming you didn't just turn off JavaScript altogether.

That's what I was thinking. I'll chase it down later for ya, one addon at a time.

Gonna happen to more than one person over time.